Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30-12-2009, 00:28   #1
God Member

Britains crocodile tears about Chinese execution

Anyone else find it kind of strange that the British Govt. is upset because a non British born 'citizen' was executed by the Chinese Govt. for drug smuggling ....considering the fact that Britain fought two wars against the Chinese for the 'right' to import opium into China not much seems to have changed over the years , add to the fact that the British Govt. is using its military might in Afghanistan to prop up and promote President Kharzi and his opium growing/ drug smuggling family .
steeljack is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 30-12-2009, 00:40   #2
Give, give, give member

Re: Britains crocodile tears about Chinese execution

It's all been a bit of a non-story really, though it has been on all the news programmes.

There's not been a great surge of public anger, that a man his defence say is mentally ill, has been the first European executed in China for over fifty years.

Apparently it's claimed he was bi-polar, and this gave him delusions that he was going to be a world acclaimed pop sensation.

Does this mean that the hundreds and thousands who audition for the X-Factor should be freed from prosecution if found with smack down their undies, or that nothing should happen to Su-Bo, if she's found with two dozen johnnies packed with crack up her jacksie?

You do the crime, you do the time, and if you're stupid enough to do those crimes in countries with a harsher penal system than we have, tough.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2009, 00:55   #3
Give, give, give member

I quite enjoyed the early seventies George Harrrison touches, but I'm afraid it's a no from me.

Old 30-12-2009, 08:58   #4

if you are going to drug smuggle into a foreign country, read the rules about it first, find out the facts as to what the penalty is, if you agree with the rules then take your chance, otherwise, opt out. Bi-polar is NO excuse for "innocent" drug smuggling. There is no such thing.
vera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2009, 09:17   #5
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

would suit me if ALL countries topped Drug Smugglers, including ours.
Old 30-12-2009, 09:39   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Would certainly make some of them think twice cashy.....you old softy
Old 30-12-2009, 09:54   #7

I think its pathetic, your right - crocodile tears,

HE knew what he was doing, smuggling drugs & should expect no sympathy whatsoever.

Using his mental state is a farce.

Sorry, make that "was" a farce..
mattylad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2009, 10:01   #8
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Spot on cashy and while we're a it top the likes of Huntley, Sutcliffe West, Neilon and company too, instead of keeping them in luxury for the rest of their miserable lives
Old 30-12-2009, 11:26   #9
Beacon of light

This man was supposed to have a mental illness, but it didn't stop him from travelling halfway around the world...nor did it stop him from being the owner of a night club.
Call me cynical but maybe much was made of his mental instability to try and reduce the punishment.
He took a risk to smuggle drugs(drugs that would kill many people.......and harm the families of those who took the drugs) he got caught and he has been dealt with.

It would be good if our judiciary could learn a lesson from this case.

And while I am on the subject, can Gordon Brown not see the hypocrisy of his interverntion in this case? I am thinking that Gary Mc Kinnon(whose actions harmed no-one) is someone who Mr Brown should intervene on behalf of, to save him from being deported.
Gary Mc Kinnon is a British National....also with a mental disorder.......if he deserves to be punished for what he did, then let the British judiciary decide on his sentence, not the American court.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2009, 11:42   #10
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Spot on cashy and while we're a it top the likes of Huntley, Sutcliffe West, Neilon and company too, instead of keeping them in luxury for the rest of their miserable lives
I agree with all the above posts though, I do find it a little severe Jay that you should include Neilon in your list.
I for one had never heard of him, so I did a quick google and although someone that plays Hockey isn't what I would consider a popular person with some I think your punishment for this man is a touch over the top!

Mike Neilon hockey statistics & profile at hockeydb.com

Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2009, 11:53   #11
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vera View Post
if you are going to drug smuggle into a foreign country, read the rules about it first, find out the facts as to what the penalty is, if you agree with the rules then take your chance, otherwise, opt out. Bi-polar is NO excuse for "innocent" drug smuggling. There is no such thing.
You are spot on with that Vera. He did the crime so take the punishment and all that.

Is he the one who was supposedly tricked into it though?
Old 30-12-2009, 11:58   #12
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
You are spot on with that Vera. He did the crime so take the punishment and all that.

Is he the one who was supposedly tricked into it though?
Yes, someone apparently told him if he'd be their mule, they'd make him a world renowned singing sensation.

Which silly ass would believe that?

Old 30-12-2009, 11:59   #13
God Member

It is people like this claiming to be mentally ill that do most damage for others who genuinely do suffer from mental illness IMHO. Being bi-polar does not mean you don't know right from wrong, it means you are prone to episodes of manic depression. Sorry but that is no defense for drug smuggling.
Old 30-12-2009, 12:04   #14
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BERNADETTE View Post
It is people like this claiming to be mentally ill that do most damage for others who genuinely do suffer from mental illness IMHO. Being bi-polar does not mean you don't know right from wrong, it means you are prone to episodes of manic depression. Sorry but that is no defense for drug smuggling.
I quite agree.

All this jumping on the bi-polar bandwagon, as some sort of defence, does a disservice to those with genuine mental health issues, and who do know right from wrong.

Old 30-12-2009, 12:08   #15
God Member

some people do innocently end up carrying drugs through customs but thats why they say not to leave your luggage unattended and pack it yourself but theres no %100 way of telling wether somone is innocently doin it or not..

until they start making up ludricous excuses and hoping teh country where they got caught is as soft in the head as england is when it comes to things like bi-polar , adhd and the likes.

one less drug smuggleing piece of scum off teh face of teh planet and i dont have much love for their customers either

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..