Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By hyndburner
  • 2 Post By DaveinGermany

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27-12-2014, 19:42   #1

Briton of the Year

The Times has just announced its 'Briton of the Year'

The choice it had was extensive. Steven Sutton, for example. A teenager who raised £5 million for the Teenage Cancer Trust from his death bed. He passed away on 14th May aged 19.

William Pooley, perhaps. The nurse who contracted Ebola whilst carrying out aid work in Africa. He recovered and returned to Africa to continue his work.

Or Alan Henning. He went to Syria with Muslim friends to help children in the war stricken country. He was beheaded by extremists on 3rd October.

Plenty of candidates.....

...but do you know who they chose?

Nigel Farage. an odious right wing bigot, who is using every dirty trick in the book to appeal to the basest instincts of every narrow minded individual in the country.

Hang your heads in shame!

Discuss!
egg&chips likes this.
hyndburner is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 30-12-2014, 19:13   #2

Re: Briton of the Year

I actually read the Saturday version of the Times occasionally. I used to think it was ok. Imagine my surprise to find it is just theMail in disguise.
egg&chips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2014, 19:49   #3
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyndburner View Post
Nigel Farage. an odious right wing bigot, who is using every dirty trick in the book to appeal to the basest instincts of every narrow minded individual in the country.
Seems your political bias is showing there Fella! If he's as bad as you say, why then is he & his party making inroads into the established parties voter base with apparent ease?

And how many of those "Narrow minded individuals" frequent these pages & have turned away from the same'o,same'o lying, self serving, bland interchangeable LibLabCon deadbeats?
accyman and Barrie Yates like this.
Old 30-12-2014, 20:20   #4
God Member

ukip is a machine created by labours and conservitives own doing or lack of doing

if they wont listen to the people the people will look elsewhere no matter how unappealing the elsewhere may seem to others

i like farage hes no more slippery than any other polititions but he dosnt arf make me laugh when he takes on euro mps lol

not sure if he deserved briton of the year but well done to him lol

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

Last edited by accyman; 30-12-2014 at 20:26.
accyman is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..