Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By MargaretR

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27-12-2014, 23:13   #1

Texas Holdem Poker Champion!
Christmas future..

Since the Christmas Approaches thread is pretty much historical now, lets get back up to speed...

Egypt bans the latest Hollywood blockbuster citing 'historical inaccuracies'...

Report: 'Exodus' banned in Egypt due to 'historical mistakes' | Inside Movies | EW.com

Because....'they portrayed Moses as a General and not as a prophet'.....but hey..at least they don't dispute the locusts, the local river turning the colour of a rich Merlot, a benevolent deity sending his white winged soldiers (portrayed so benignly with golden glittering halo on the xmas cards on your walls) to MURDER the first born innocents of a whole NATION to prove the Dark Knights point, or someone with a grey beard parting the Red Sea with a stick..so I guess according to Egypt Hollywood gets some of it's facts right...(Game of Thrones eat your heart out on the complexities of Exodus.)

Then again Churchill disputed the well known fact that Errol Flynn single handedly recaptured Burma...so Brits have no right to criticise..

Objective, Burma! ? liberating cinema from the truth | Film | The Guardian

We have North Korean cybertechs allegedly sabotaging films lampooning their leader, muppets from Russia screwing with online connections for kids with their first playstations and x-boxes on Xmas day, whilst claiming a moral high ground as they leave children in tears on what is supposed to be their day!

Thousands of PlayStation gamers STILL locked out of network plead with hackers | Daily Mail Online

I'm just so glad that I grew up in a time when belief was suspended, when all that I worried about on Christmas (NOT XMAS) day was if my U2 batteries would last until the shops opened and that there was an Errol Flynn/John Wayne film after the Queens speech that made me SUSPEND belief and enjoy it for the pure hokum that it was....

The world today...cyberwarriors destroying a childs christmas day, university created politicians who do not understand that we KNOW how to SUSPEND belief....

Just what have we left for the next generations Christmas Day?

Last edited by Guinness; 27-12-2014 at 23:15.
Guinness is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 28-12-2014, 04:14   #2
God Member

Re: Christmas future..

'History is the version of past events that people have decided to agree upon' Napoleon Bonaparte

Archeology has revealed many ancient historical artifacts which conflict with what is 'agreed upon'- they are destroyed or hidden in the vaults of the Smithsonian.

If you want to know more there is plenty of info on the web. Just google 'hidden history' or 'forbidden archeology'
https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...=michael+cremo

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=Lloyd+Pye+

Just find a version of history which you feel comfortable with. Whether it is right or wrong doesn't matter, but don't insist your version is correct - because - you weren't there were you
DtheP47 likes this.

Last edited by MargaretR; 28-12-2014 at 04:20.
MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..