Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19-11-2009, 22:36   #31
God Member

Re: Brown is planning to apologies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mancie View Post
If you think that's bad what about the Chinese? ..cost me £14 last night for a home delivery and I did'nt get any free prawn crackers!
Don't you know that the Chinese are trying to destroy world economies by creating a "cuisine" that is overpriced and that satisfies hunger for only about ten or twenty minutes. Now that's a conspiracy theory for you. By the way, are the fortune cookies free?

Maybe all this "apology" horse manure is becoming the new political correctness. In my humble opinion, an apology is a cop out. Operating in such a way that apologies are not necessary is much more difficult.

By the way, 14 quid is way overpriced.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 19-11-2009, 22:45   #32
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
bloody hell mancie, had a good nosh up in China Town Tues night £8-90 a head, yer scranning at wrong places.
Sweet n sour chicken balls, Prawn curry ,one portion fried rice and portion of prawns on toast..was for me and the missus, £14.50..that's cheap round here.
no fortune cookies Eric but you usaually get free prawn crackers.. no apology whatsoever.
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2009, 22:57   #33
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mancie View Post
Sweet n sour chicken balls, Prawn curry ,one portion fried rice and portion of prawns on toast..was for me and the missus, £14.50..that's cheap round here.
no fortune cookies Eric but you usaually get free prawn crackers.. no apology whatsoever.
No prawn crackers here ... but I figure I could have got what you had for about half the price. Come to think of it, I might just order take out. I apologise for not sharing
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-2009, 06:35   #34
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex View Post
Again ... it is not the apology that matters to these people .. just through this apology it is an admission that it did happen and they can be believed now. That must be a great relief to them now.
Kate, I understand that,(I am not as thick as I may sometimes appear) but if the apology does not matter, then why issue it?
It devalues any apology, because it is not being used for the right reason.

There must be other ways to allow these people to be recognised as having been badly wronged by governments of the day.

I think that it brings to the forefront of these wronged individuals, the memories of times that were traumatic....and over time they must have dealt with the trauma in their own way.....it just refreshes the hurt, and that cannot be good.

I will post no more on this subject, as I feel that I have stated my views and opinions as clearly as is possible.(for me that is)
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-2009, 08:28   #35
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

what reason is it being issued for then?
Old 20-11-2009, 09:23   #36
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Good question,It would be interesting to know how many children were"farmed out"to families in this country.

Some people think I'm a bit of an animal, but I'm quite tender really
Benipete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-2009, 09:36   #37
God Member

Quote:
After exposure of extreme corruption, it is a public relations excercise in humility

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-2009, 10:17   #38
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
After exposure of extreme corruption, it is a public relations excercise in humility
Nail...head...hit.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..