Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-11-2006, 15:57   #1
Junior Member+

Angry BT Nightmare !

Having just e-mailed BT's complaints department, i thought i would share my frustration with as many people as possible. At present i am a BT business user with 2 lines and Business Broadband. Having just recently moved to a new house i thought i would contact BT with a view to having a domestic line connected at my new property. On calling 0800 800 150 i was pressured into following their automated answering service. After twenty minutes of listening to some classical music and a looped voice message of how important my call was to them and that i would be answered as soon as possible, I decided to stick it out for the duration just to see how long our great communications empire ( BT ) would take to deal with my enquiry. I have great disapointment in announcing that after two hours and forty minutes of listening to my now favorite piece of classical music and our monotonic friend from BT telling me how much they value my call, I was indeed cut off without actually speaking to a single real person. Frustratedly Will, will do.
Will,will do is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 01-11-2006, 16:00   #2
Senior Member+

Re: BT Nightmare !

I'm sorry Will, but that really made me giggle. At least you weren't paying for the call.

The views expressed here are my own & are not necessarily those of the site.
AccyJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 16:13   #3
Junior Member+

Talking Re: BT Nightmare !

Will you be with them tomorrow?? Assuming you get someone round to cut you off........
Old 01-11-2006, 16:31   #4
Junior Member+

Cheers for the sympathy, although the call was made to an 0800 number my time on hold after i had : ordered, had delivered and ate my lunch, completed my pending paperwork, done the Telegraph crossword, Made out all my Christmas cards, re-varnished my desk ( and watched it dry ) Picked through an assortment of travel books and booked next summers holiday, was a complete waste of my time. Aye.
Will,will do is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 17:18   #5

Its seems these days all big companies have the ability to be big but not do small i.e the individual they are suppose to be serving. I had similar problems with BT (sky's automated system is absolutely abominal, beyond life the universe and everything else) I could think of a few more companies but it would hurt my head too much. I had an on going bill with BT for about a year that I was not aware of which they should have cut off. And as I recall it took them nearly a year to sort it out - exaggeration - but the pain feels like a year. Get ready for more pain

P.S good quote "I think therefore........." I'm worried!!!

Removals - no Job too small....or BIG
mantrabooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 17:39   #6
God Member

i am with BT and have had no problems even when on the phone. Maybe it was a bad hairday in the call centre.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 17:45   #7

I was with BT for over three years and never had a problem. It was only when I wanted to change or, and, acquire different lines everything went pear shape. I got the impression some things they can do and are good at others seem impossible. It could be the hair spray.

Removals - no Job too small....or BIG
mantrabooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 18:18   #8
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will,will do
done the Telegraph crossword,
Now which Telegraph crossword? The Lancashire (we don't do Evenings), Telegraph, or The proper this will have you sucking your teeth whilst you think about it Daily Telegraph?
Less is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..