Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-10-2011, 21:52   #46
God Member

Re: Bullying

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
As we are on the topic of bullying, the new "in" thing for correctness lovers, I just read an article in the "Guardian" about your democratically elected fearless leader, Cameron. Seems like he has a three line whip out to try and keep about 60 of his MP's from doing the right thing ... he also told them to "sober up" ... a hellish punishment for an MP with all that access to taxpayer funded booze Seems as if he is telling his troops that they have no hope of getting above the rank of private if they go against official policy. I don't know if this is a revolt of MPs who have been listening to their constituents, and maybe their consciences; but I sense a deep disturbance in the Force.

Oh, and goodbye Groove .... have a nice day, eh.
lets say it is true that by some miracle MP's vote to what tehir constituants want not what their party leader demands like tony blair did over iraq.

Who the hell is cameron to go against what the people want he wasnt even elected and on top of that he is supposed to be there to do our bidding not us accept what he personally wants to do again liek tont blair did.

Maybe his leadership should be challenged by someone who thinks what teh people want matters( not goingto hold breath)

Tont blair had the same policy he fired anyone who disagreed with him or replaced them with people he knew wouldnt dare disagree.

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 22-10-2011, 23:07   #47
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
lets say it is true that by some miracle MP's vote to what tehir constituants want not what their party leader demands like tony blair did over iraq.

Who the hell is cameron to go against what the people want he wasnt even elected and on top of that he is supposed to be there to do our bidding not us accept what he personally wants to do again liek tont blair did.

Maybe his leadership should be challenged by someone who thinks what teh people want matters( not goingto hold breath)

Tont blair had the same policy he fired anyone who disagreed with him or replaced them with people he knew wouldnt dare disagree.
Cameron's just another "Eton Mess" i'm afraid!

Best Regards - Taggy
Taggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2011, 08:52   #48
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taggy View Post

Best Regards - Taggy
I hear he speaks highy of you too Taggy
Old 23-10-2011, 08:56   #49
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by groove View Post
Groove would like it to be known that he disagrees with the bullying he has suffered due to his different posting style. Certain members of the Accyweb hierachy now ignore him. Groove is upset by this. Where is the love?
Hey, Groove, I'll be your mate...

...if you stop supporting the dingles and start supporting Stanley!
Old 23-10-2011, 09:03   #50
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
I hear he speaks highy of you too Taggy
Put it this way Jaysay, if i ever get the chance to get close enough to him, his voice will definitely rise an octave....or two!

Best Regards - Taggy
Taggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2011, 10:25   #51
I am Banned

Smile Re: Bullying

Groove would like to say 'good morning' to his fellow Accy webbers...And sorry Wynonie, once a dingle always a dingle im afraid but Groove would like you to be his mate...Groove is slowly working out who the more chilled, liberal members of the forum and would like to spread the love to Accywebs sound folk.
groove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2011, 10:29   #52
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Groove would like to say 'good morning' to his fellow Accy webbers...And sorry Wynonie, once a dingle always a dingle im afraid but Groove would like you to be his mate...Groove is slowly working out who the more chilled, liberal members of the forum and would like to spread the love to Accywebs sound folk.
Having encountered quite a few members since i joined accyweb, i can honestly say most are chilled n liberal, thing is some don't suffer fools gladly.
Old 23-10-2011, 10:34   #53
I am Banned

Groove appreciates Mr.Cashmans comment and agrees that most of the members are probably chilled n liberal. Groove does'nt think he is a fool so need'nt be suffered by anyone...Groove looks forward to having a brandy with Mr.Cashman sometime, and enjoys Cash's tales from the past. Groove thinks Cashy is part of the old school drinkers of Accy and respects this.
Old 23-10-2011, 10:49   #54
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobertol View Post
I tried to give him space -but I cannot tolerate a homophobic -SORRY!
Groove would like to state he is in no way homophobic, and would like to apologise if this impression was given. Groove thinks people are too quick to play the racist, homophobic, sexist or whatever card.
Old 23-10-2011, 11:22   #55
God Member

Some people derive pleasure from invoking negative emotions in others.
If you recognise such an attempt when it happens -
you do not feel the negative emotion they wanted from you.

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2011, 18:06   #56
Super Moderator

Quote:
And sorry Wynonie, once a dingle always a dingle im afraid
Not necessarily true. I know of quite a few Accringtonian Rovers and Burnley fans who have "come home" to Stanley...I also know quite a few more of both persuasions who have Stanley as their second club. I am still hopeful of converting you.
Old 23-10-2011, 18:19   #57
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taggy
Taggy's been watching too many Hugh Fearlessly-Eatsitall programmes.

Raspberry and strawberry Eton mess recipe - Channel4 - 4Food

Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.
yerself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2011, 19:21   #58

I wonder if Groove is trying to wind everyone up? He's been a member for some time and only recently started writing in the third person, why might this be? I'm finding him/her a bit intriguing...
annesingleton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2011, 20:04   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by annesingleton View Post
I wonder if Groove is trying to wind everyone up? He's been a member for some time and only recently started writing in the third person, why might this be? I'm finding him/her a bit intriguing...
Sorry ignore that comment, I've just been having a look around the different threads and I think he's very insulting to quite a few of you for no reason. I also think he has some growing up to do!
annesingleton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2011, 20:41   #60
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by annesingleton View Post
From now on I am going to follow my own instructions to others in the past and DNFTT.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..