Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-06-2007, 06:11   #31

Re: Butt's

take not..
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ashtray1.jpg (12.0 KB, 0 views)
Accrington Web
Old 12-06-2007, 06:13   #32

for the none smokers New Page 1
Old 12-06-2007, 07:32   #33
Resident Waffler

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex View Post
I also do feel that 'feeding their faces' was a correct expression, as usually in-between snacks and not part of the 3 meals a day acceptance.
You do not know that for certain. Some busy people don't have time to stop for a sit down meal. For others simply the cost of a restaurant is a deciding factor if they are out for the day with children, shopping or something. A quick pastie or sausage roll from Greggs serves to tide them over until they have a meal in the evenings. I wouldn't criticise them for that nor would I insult them with a phrase such as 'feeding their faces' when they are in fact feeding the whole of their bodies. The fact that you wouldn't do it doesn't give you the right to criticise them. Their food doesn't affect anyone else but passive smoking does. If someone walks past me eating a meat pie it has no effect on me but if someone walks past me smoking a cigarette it makes me cough.

Incidentally, I don't eat whilst I'm walking about outside but that's my personal preference. I believe other people should have the right to theirs.

That fire in the Mont Blanc tunnel was awful davo. You wouldn't imagine a simple cigarette end could have caused such tragedy would you?

I just remembered an incident a while back when I was crossing over the road near the vets in Whalley Rd - that pelican combination affair of a junction. Someone discarded a smouldering cigarette end from a car and it landed on the simulated fur collar of a coat of a woman coming towards us from the other side of the road. She wasn't even aware of it as this happened behind her. We had got to the other side before it registered properly, you know how it takes a minute sometimes before something dawns on you properly, and the lights changed so we had to wait but my daughter was pretty quick on her feet as soon as she was able to cross again and ran after her. There was smoke coming from her collar by the time my daughter caught up to her but fortunately it hadn't fanned into flames - the next thing that would have caught fire would have been her hair. Fortunate that she didn't have long hair wasn't it? At least with toffee wrappers you're not likely to kill or severely maim someone. Was it carelessness on the part of the driver or total disregard for anyone else? I'd like to think it was just the former and that he had thought he'd put it out before chucking it out, but what was wrong with his ashtray?

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..