Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28-06-2006, 20:10   #1
Full Member+

Call Centre Frauds

Slightly worrying for anybody with money at HSBC
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/money/mai...ixcitytop.html

Question is whos next?
Old 28-06-2006, 20:28   #2
Resting in Peace

Re: Call Centre Frauds

well maybe some of the others might come back to use uk call centers and then maybe ppl will get e quick answer to a question
Ber999T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2006, 22:01   #3

I try to avoid dealing with any company that has a call centre not based in the UK. Partly because it means jobs have been lost here and also, the call centre staff aare usually unable to answer your questions, as they appear to be reading from a set script.
claytonender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2006, 22:33   #4
Resident Waffler

I long for the good old days before we ever had call centres, where you made a phone call and actually contacted someone who dealt with the subject matter and therefore knew what they were talking about.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2006, 23:41   #5
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

had some real grief with a call centre about my contract mobile, had great difficulty understanding the guy, and for the last 3 months have had differant guys from the same call center pestering, asking, what i will now no longer tell them i have repeated it that often. so now i have resorted to foul language and even then they ring again, willows got it dead right.
Old 29-06-2006, 07:52   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp
I long for the good old days before we ever had call centres, where you made a phone call and actually contacted someone who dealt with the subject matter and therefore knew what they were talking about.
I agree with you Willow, I find that call centres in the UK, do generally have staff who are more familar with what your problem might be, than 'off-shore' call centres', were they seem to have learnt a script and can't (or won't) deviate from it. Also the problem with call centres in India is the time difference, as most people probably try to sort out problems in the evening, it is worth bearing in mind that it is possibly the middle of the night in India.
claytonender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2006, 14:19   #7
Apprentice Geriatric

Talking Re: Call Centre Frauds

This fraud was bound to happen sooner or later especially if it was from an off shore call centre.

Bribery, corruption and fraud is a way of life in most third world countries and almost acceptable.

If I ever have to ring my bank – The Royal Bank of Scotland in Blackburn, I speak to a real live person at the bank and I get treated with the utmost courtesy and respect and nothing is too much trouble for them. Customer satisfaction rules in the RBS.

Indeed I recently transferred a few quid from my account in Moneybookers and needed a certain code that would be listed with a test transaction to input into my Moneybookers account for the rest to go through. It’s some strange scheme that MB has to counter money laundering. For $69, I ask you. Does that sound like I’m the Mr Big of the money laundering world? Sheeeesh!

However a nice lady found the required code and read it out to me over the phone and the transfer of money was completed during the next two days. She even rang me back an hour later because she had found another number for the test transaction and thought that if the first one didn’t work then the second one would. Now that’s what I call customer service.

Pity about the steps in the bank though. But they do have a sign that states that if disabled person has a problem entering the bank they should call for help. One of these days those steps are going to be beyond my capabilities and I keep on getting visions of calling for help to have two large male employees coming out to carry me up the few steps. Maybe they should invest in one of those stair lift things because there just isn’t the room to put in a shallow ramp.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..