Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-12-2004, 15:28   #1
Beacon of light

Angry Can someone tell me why????

Why am I pulling my tripes out trying to get straight for the festive period while my other half lies on the sofa looking at the back of his eyelids????? Are there any more idle bones out there? Am I just the unlucky one? Here I am disappearing up my own back passage while he sleeps the day away. I want some of that!
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 23-12-2004, 15:32   #2
Beacon of light

Re: Can someone tell me why????

Now I have had my rant, I had better go and peel the spuds for tea......I know my place !
Old 23-12-2004, 16:01   #3

I hope that was sarcasm 'i know my place' Nah it's not just you it seems to be most men. I don't live with my boyfriend but I spend most of my time there. In fact I'm at his place now, I've spent most of the day cleaning up otherwise it'll never get done. He's in bed asleep becoz he's got a cold. Expect i'll have to look after him.
And all his children's christmas presents need wrapping. There is nothing like leaving things until the last minute.
Old 23-12-2004, 16:19   #4
Filthy / Gorgeous

Bejeweled Blitz Champion!

You're not the only one Margaret. My ex husband wouldn't lift a finger but never bothered about lifting a pint. Which explains why I got rid of him...

The views expressed here are my own and not necessarily those of my family, friends, employer, this site, my neighbours, hairdresser, dentist, GP, next door's dog or anyone else who knows me..
lettie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2004, 16:26   #5
Resident Waffler

I must be lucky then because although Busman is currently snoozing on the sofa he does do a heck of a lot.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2004, 16:27   #6
Len
God Member

It’s just a man thing.(easy going) Hehe
If you ever get fed up with hubby. Marry me because you sound like the kind of woman that I would also appreciate. hehehe
Just a thought.

Now I hope my girl friend doesn't read this otherwise, I'll be in for it.
Len is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2004, 16:30   #7
Filthy / Gorgeous

Bejeweled Blitz Champion!

Hehehehe, Len, why do fellas always say "It's a man thing" like it somehow excuses bad behaviour..

The views expressed here are my own and not necessarily those of my family, friends, employer, this site, my neighbours, hairdresser, dentist, GP, next door's dog or anyone else who knows me..
lettie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2004, 17:11   #8
mez
God Member

no but her mum just has ha ha ha , now wheres that d..m rolling pin
Old 23-12-2004, 17:48   #9
Len
God Member

I like the idea back in the olden days. When men where men and women loved it. These days everyone wants to be men and now, we have to fend for ourselves. Anyway, I’m not going to say anymore because I will probably start world war III and I don’t want to do that.

hehehe

With that, I shall now go into the kitchen and finish making my own fish and chips.
Len is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2004, 18:05   #10

lol. I agree with Lettie. 'it's a man thing' isn't a very good excuse Maybe us ladies could start coming up with excuses for stuff and saying 'It's a women thing' I doubt it would work the same. Ah well even though my boyfriend is a pain in the rear I still love 'im to bits : )
Old 23-12-2004, 18:51   #11
Beacon of light

Ooh looks like I have started something here...... hope it's not War at your house Len....and anyway I should know by now(we have been married 38 years - that's probably longer than some of you have been on this earth). If anything ever happens me....heaven forbid, then no-one will get a card or a present at Christmas...'cos if I don't do it it doesn't get done. Anyway I feel better for having got the sentiment off my chest........and the 'knowing my place bit' was sarcasm!
Old 23-12-2004, 18:53   #12

what was that quote again oh yeah 'remember Ginger Rogers did everything Fred Astaire did but she did it backwards and in high heels' : )
Old 23-12-2004, 18:54   #13
Beacon of light

And Len....I don't mind doing a bit of fending, but the rule in our house is he who mucks it up helps to clean it up. Only fair......well it is if you want to eat!
Old 23-12-2004, 21:32   #14
Senior Member+

Wherever I have lived, the rule has generally been that one person cooks and the other washes up/fills the dishwasher.

That seems to have been largely forgotten, but I tend to put the kids to bed while my missus sort out the dishwasher.

During the day she does it!!!

vorlon24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2004, 22:41   #15
Always EVIL within us

Talking Re: Can someone tell me why????

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp
I must be lucky then because Busman does do a heck of a lot.
Oh, Thank you Willow............

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..