Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 31-03-2009, 18:44   #1

car damage

Does anyone know any news about the damage caused to 36 cars in great harwood? if so what area? thanks. Derek.
derekcrowley is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 31-03-2009, 18:49   #2
God Member

Re: car damage

Great Harwood trail of destruction leaves 45 cars damaged (From Lancashire Telegraph)

Here ya go

Cars were damaged in Cliffe Lane, Westcliffe, Northcliffe, Edge End Lane, Edge End Road, James Street, Highfield Road and Shakespeare Avenue.
Old 31-03-2009, 20:10   #3
God Member

It was on the radio news at teatime, the police reckon it would be virtually impossible for someone not to have seen something.
Old 31-03-2009, 20:34   #4
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by derekgas View Post
It was on the radio news at teatime, the police reckon it would be virtually impossible for someone not to have seen something.
I'm asking this question because I dont know.
Is there still a manned police station in Gt Harwood 24/7?
If not then it will be the same situation as Darwen.....Get this...A mob of 100 youths rampage through a local park causing havoc especially on Friday Nights.
Where the hell are the law enforcement officers?
Probably tired after arresting dodgy DVD sellers and looking after the interest of rip off companies who con kids into buying products at inflated prices.

Blackburn Rovers Supporter Since 1950
Royboy39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2009, 20:57   #5
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royboy39 View Post

I can't comment for Darwen but whenever I call the Police with a serious problem in our Park like that they respond.
Old 31-03-2009, 20:57   #6
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Probably throwing in a sicky rather than waste their time filling in forms, anyone else noticed that all we seem to have left so far as law enforcement in this area are the volunteer cops? Part timers, NEVER real Bobbies? The Amateurs used to be there to support the real Police now if you ring it's always one of the volunteers that turn up?

It's a bit like expecting the Sea or Air Cadets to go off to fight for us, I admire their enthusiasm, but we should really be getting the professionals, after all that's what we pay for!
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2009, 21:06   #7
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
I can't comment for Darwen but whenever I call the Police with a serious problem in our Park like that they respond.
That is good Neil, I hope it is here to stay.
This is the article I was refering to:
Youngsters 'running rampage' at new Darwen play area (From Lancashire Telegraph)

The power of the internet allows us to discover other items which are related to the current situation that would otherwise be sent to the back burner:
http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk..._after_attack/

Blackburn Rovers Supporter Since 1950

Last edited by Royboy39; 31-03-2009 at 21:13.
Royboy39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2009, 21:11   #8

I hope they get who ever they are for what thay have done and deal with them and make them pay for the damage what has been done.
mallard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2009, 21:59   #9
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
Probably throwing in a sicky rather than waste their time filling in forms, anyone else noticed that all we seem to have left so far as law enforcement in this area are the volunteer cops? Part timers, NEVER real Bobbies? The Amateurs used to be there to support the real Police now if you ring it's always one of the volunteers that turn up?

It's a bit like expecting the Sea or Air Cadets to go off to fight for us, I admire their enthusiasm, but we should really be getting the professionals, after all that's what we pay for!
You wont find coppers where feral youths are, they know they'l get beat up. They would sooner harrass the elderly for sumat and nowt, than face the yobos. Less hassle and they score brownie points, for their statistics.

Retlaw.
Retlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 00:10   #10
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retlaw View Post
You wont find coppers where feral youths are, they know they'l get beat up. They would sooner harrass the elderly for sumat and nowt, than face the yobos. Less hassle and they score brownie points, for their statistics.

Retlaw.
Seems like this could be true, otherwise why did I have to report the crowds chasing each other outside the fair on Saturday night? It is on the main drag to the police station and believe you me this crowd could not be missed.
Old 01-04-2009, 06:57   #11
God Member

it always makes me wonder why there isn't a token Plod presence when teh Fair is in town even if its just to stop traffic so people can cross teh road safely as most people park on Cannon Street etc.

Technical God, No 1 Geek And Linux Guru

Have you seen my Flickr pictures?

entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 09:13   #12
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by mallard View Post
I hope they get who ever they are for what they have done and deal with them and make them pay for the damage what has been done.
There's a fat chance of that, it will be the usual slap on the wrists, pat on the head, and a sugar lump, because as everybody knows these louts have rites
Old 01-04-2009, 09:28   #13

Quote:
I'm asking this question because I dont know.
Is there still a manned police station in Gt Harwood 24/7?...
The police station has moved here, at the corner of Game St & Hesketh St. Dunno if it's 24/7 - I've never been there later than 9pm.

Studio25 is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..