Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 26-05-2008, 13:13   #1
Apprentice Geriatric

Angry Carbon Credits

According to Ceefax on BBC TV:
MP’s back personal carbon credits.
The government should go ahead with a system of personal ‘carbon credits’ to meet emissions targets.

The Environmental Audit Committee said the scheme would be more effective than taxes for cutting carbon emissions.

Under the scheme people would be given an annual carbon limit for fuel and energy use – which they could exceed by buying credits from those who use less.”

I think that the words “CRACKPOT IDEA” fit in neatly here.

Any such scheme would be expensive to implement (just like ID cards – which I understand the government is going ahead with) and probably unworkable. But it would create yet another Quango and another layer of bureaucracy between the government and the people.

If this scheme does get the nod, E-Bay’s going to be busy.
Old 26-05-2008, 13:17   #2
God Member

Re: Carbon Credits

How many millions a year does it cost us to keep these clowns in the parliament circus ?
Old 26-05-2008, 13:18   #3
God Member

simple answer is to rip out yor gas or electric fire and put in a real fire and burn what teh hell you like to your hearts content
accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2008, 13:38   #4
God Member

For the record the government have already shelved these proposals. It's the cross party committee recommending them.
Old 27-05-2008, 11:53   #5
Beacon of light

I think these boffins need to get their brains working on some other projects......such as finding alternative sources of energy.
This is just another ploy to take our hard earned money.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2008, 13:25   #6
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
burn what teh hell you like to your hearts content
what lik your local MP for example?

Oh, hang on its a smokeless zone......

Technical God, No 1 Geek And Linux Guru

Have you seen my Flickr pictures?

entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2008, 13:41   #7
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambutty View Post
But it would create yet another Quango and another layer of bureaucracy between the government and the people.
...and, of course, create yet more highly lucrative non-jobs for those who like the sound of their own voices - a particular speciality of this government!
Old 28-05-2008, 19:47   #8
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by entwisi View Post
what lik your local MP for example?

Oh, hang on its a smokeless zone......
i would never condone the burning of a polotitian

not when there are so many other ways..

crucifixion for example
Old 29-05-2008, 18:33   #9
God Member

Quote:
i would never condone the burning of a polotitian

not when there are so many other ways..

crucifixion for example
i dont see whats disgusting and offensive about that but if the anonyous, spinless and guttless moron who thought so would like to explain instead of hiding behind the karma system then im all ears
Old 29-05-2008, 18:49   #10
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
i dont see whats disgusting and offensive about that but if the anonyous, spinless and guttless moron who thought so would like to explain instead of hiding behind the karma system then im all ears
P.M. me accyman if ya want to know how to work out WHO.
Old 29-05-2008, 19:06   #11
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
P.M. me accyman if ya want to know how to work out WHO.
lol its either the same god squad member that got me before coz i mentioned crucifixion and also got my picture of jesus removed from the carpenter thread or one of the wannabe poloitions on here

either way they made baby jesus cry and their going to hell

anyway to get back on thread

the phrase carbon foot print should be removed from existence mainly because all it has acheived so far is a rise in cost on almost everything

Last edited by accyman; 29-05-2008 at 19:08.
Old 29-05-2008, 19:15   #12
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
...and, of course, create yet more highly lucrative non-jobs for those who like the sound of their own voices - a particular speciality of this government!
I've only just picked this thread up, but I agree with you totally Wynonie, this lot, I won't call them a government, have employed more jobsworths and extra civil servants than any government in living history, they have more "Placed" people on quangos all over the country, or as you put it non-jobs. I think the idea was a form of gerrymandering, in as we gave um a job they'll vote for use, whiter than white government, don't make me laugh my lips are chapped
Old 29-05-2008, 19:21   #13
God Member

There are plenty of options around now for renewable energy, and the more gas and electric go up, the more viable the options are, the problem is of course, the poorer people would have to be paying the richer people (again) for the credits, because the richer people can afford the extra insulation and renewable energy measures which would contribute to thier savings, thus allowing them to sell to the people who cant afford these measures.
Old 29-05-2008, 20:35   #14
Beacon of light

If the government were really serious about the carbon footprint we all create, they would be far more encouraging to those who want to use renewable energy sources and all houses would be built with solar panels to provide at least some of the energy used in that home....and any left over would go to the national grid.....but as lwlays, they are all mouth and very little effective action.
It seems the only thing this government can put forward is punitive action....and unfair punitive action at that.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2008, 06:35   #15
God Member

All this CO2 this and that annoys me. There is zero proof that we are having any man made effect on teh climate. The world does and has always undergone changes. look at the ice age and the fact we came out of it as a simple example.

Even if CO2 etc is a factor unless USA and China stop buring oil at a rate that beggers belief nothing we in teh UK do will have the slightest bit of difference. At the moment all this 'green' stuff is pure propaganda and strutting by a goverment hell bent on taxing people out of existance.

Technical God, No 1 Geek And Linux Guru

Have you seen my Flickr pictures?

entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..