Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 31-05-2008, 12:52   #1
Senior Member+

It was wonderful because.......

I would like everyone that is married to reply to this post starting with 'It was wonderful because.......' RE your wedding day.
Il post mine on 28th September this year

Christmas isn't a season. It's a feeling,Edna Ferber.

check out our wedding pictures taken by the lovely gareth at studio25....
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...6&id=619840253

mrskitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 31-05-2008, 12:54   #2

Re: It was wonderful because.......

I loved my wedding day from beginning to end!

I wasn't nervous and just loved every minute of it. Married my soul mate and we're still together now some 20 years later
forceten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2008, 12:58   #3
Senior Member+

Thats really nice forceten....xXx

Christmas isn't a season. It's a feeling,Edna Ferber.

check out our wedding pictures taken by the lovely gareth at studio25....

mrskitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2008, 13:03   #4
Senior Member+

it was wonderful because.... i saw sense and didnt go through with it :

sorry

I finally found someone daft enough to marry me, my wonderboy is 11, my monkeygirl is 3 and my bananaman is 2, my beautiful little flower was born in feb 2012
emamum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2008, 13:19   #5
God Member

I changed my mind when I reached the altar rail but was too chicken to say no

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2008, 13:20   #6
God Member

It was wonderful because....

Although the weather let us down, we shared a fantastic day with family and friends and had an absolute blast... and my mum was a star as she organised most of it and even suprised us with a solo artist singing ave maria in church...

ok so we're divorced now, but still don't regret it at all and have two wonderful sons and 10 years after we split up we are pretty damn good friends now

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2008, 13:21   #7

it was wonderful because.............it started of to be the one of the bests things that happened to me ; but ended up not so good at the end of the nigth ;; but im still married ;

Last edited by pussycat; 31-05-2008 at 13:24.
pussycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2008, 13:36   #8
God Member

My wedding was a good day, and I too thought I had married my soul mate, got divorced 23 years later, we both still have good relationships with the kids (grown up), and the grandchildren, just not usually at the same time.
Old 31-05-2008, 13:44   #9
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by emamum23 View Post
it was wonderful because.... i saw sense and didnt go through with it :

sorry
Its all right for you smiling I got to the alter twice (well registry office the second time) and went through with it twice
Old 31-05-2008, 20:50   #10
Passed away 25-11-09

It was wonderful because despite lots of ups and downs, good times and bad times, laughter and tears, it was the start of 34 years that I wouldn't have swapped and brought me 3 wonderful children. This September it would have been 46 years, how time flies.
Old 31-05-2008, 21:02   #11
God Member

It was wonderful because although I was only 21 and he 22 when we married and a lot of people who marry young don't last, I was lucky enough to marry someone who has been trustworthy and a rock throughout. We have a laugh together. He's a lovely man and he's not turned into a pillock like so many do. I have been very lucky.

We've been married 9 years now and have 2 children.
Old 31-05-2008, 21:09   #12
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilly View Post
It was wonderful because although I was only 21 and he 22 when we married and a lot of people who marry young don't last, I was lucky enough to marry someone who has been trustworthy and a rock throughout. We have a laugh together. He's a lovely man and he's not turned into a pillock like so many do. I have been very lucky.

We've been married 9 years now and have 2 children.
It gives you a smug satisfaction doesn't it?? when people say " you won't last, your only young "

I was 16 when I got married (going on 17 ), and he was 19. Everyone said " it won't last 6 month's ..... " well, it's been the longest 6 month of my life, it's been 12 years in October...... and he wouldn't leave even if I wanted the ****** to leave

Miracles do happen!!

slinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2008, 21:13   #13
God Member

It was wonderful because it hasn't happened to us, that bit of paper might have changed things, best leave things as they are

www.ubuntu.com

K.S.H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2008, 21:16   #14
Beacon of light

It was wonderful because .......it was simple, it didn't cost much, but it meant much.

It was a register office wedding, done on a shoestring(an old worn one at that)we didn't have any money......all the weavers from my shift turned up without saying anything and the little room was full of people who wanted our start to be a good one.
And....despite many ups and downs we are still together......and I would not have changed a single thing about that day...lowly as it was.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2008, 21:30   #15
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Its all right for you smiling I got to the alter twice (well registry office the second time) and went through with it twice
I did too Jay.............I have been married to Mrs Meldrew for 34 years and no matter what the Prince of Clowns chooses to throw at me....I'm quite happy..............and solvent....overlooking the Med.
I have two daughters, two grandchildren....and as they say in Spanish 'Moy Contento'

Blackburn Rovers Supporter Since 1950
Royboy39 is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..