Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-06-2008, 00:02   #16
God Member

Re: It was wonderful because.......

I married the man of my dreams and he took care of my two kids through thick and thin. We had nearly twenty years as man and wife and he was the best thing that happened to me.
Old 01-06-2008, 00:21   #17
Accy Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by slinky View Post
It gives you a smug satisfaction doesn't it?? when people say " you won't last, your only young "

I was 16 when I got married (going on 17 ), and he was 19. Everyone said " it won't last 6 month's ..... " well, it's been the longest 6 month of my life, it's been 12 years in October...... and he wouldn't leave even if I wanted the ****** to leave
Pretty much the same story for us Slinky. Mick was 19 the day after we married and I was 17 in the September. We have been married for 35yrs this year.
Keep saying we are waiting for the licence to run out or we cant afford to divorce.
Your dead right when you prove everyone wrong when they give you six mths or less.
At times we feel we cant live with each other but at the end of the day we CANT LIVE WITHOUT each other.
ANNE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 00:32   #18
white rabbits

We were nineteen too, and we will have been married 47 years in september,,,If i could go back in time ,i wouldent change a thing..
I ONLY GAVE MY OLDEST SON 6 MONTHS,and they will have done 15 years in July....

Last edited by grannyclaret; 01-06-2008 at 00:35.
grannyclaret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 00:39   #19
God Member

The cynics were sure proved wrong in this thread
Old 01-06-2008, 08:14   #20
Senior Member+

Fab posts!And nice to see people are still 'enjoying' their marriage too

Christmas isn't a season. It's a feeling,Edna Ferber.

check out our wedding pictures taken by the lovely gareth at studio25....
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...6&id=619840253

mrskitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 08:45   #21
Super Moderator

Well, I was feeling distinctly nervous on my wedding day. Was it going to work out marrying a rather exotic-looking foreign girl who I'd only met 5 months ago and who couldn't even speak much English? And the mutterings in the background about "she's only marrying him for a British passport." didn't help much either.

Still, as we're celebrating our 22nd anniversary this month, possibly it might be OK to relax now. As for the passport, she's had one for 18 years, so perhaps the cynics were wrong!
Old 01-06-2008, 10:39   #22
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by slinky View Post
It gives you a smug satisfaction doesn't it?? when people say " you won't last, your only young.
slinks yer spot on, many said that to me when i wed n was early 20s, but a real PiS*Head n crazy to boot, most i got was 6 months, well it lasted 29 yrs until i lost her n never regretted much at all, over the yrs we had many a laugh n discussion about all the "Know Alls" that knew ****** all.
Old 01-06-2008, 12:39   #23

been there done it once would not do again
pam1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 12:49   #24
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by pam1 View Post
been there done it once would not do again
erm.....wheres the 'it was wonderful because...' in that post then

Christmas isn't a season. It's a feeling,Edna Ferber.

check out our wedding pictures taken by the lovely gareth at studio25....

mrskitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 12:50   #25
Senior Member+

because she learnt her lesson?

I finally found someone daft enough to marry me, my wonderboy is 11, my monkeygirl is 3 and my bananaman is 2, my beautiful little flower was born in feb 2012
emamum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 13:43   #26
white rabbits

I think the long marriages have lasted because back in those days,you met someone .found out you liked them ,then courted for a while, got engaged , saved for a house, got married ,THEN had children,,had ups and downs,probably more downs than ups,,,and worked as a team,,,
Old 01-06-2008, 14:34   #27
Beacon of light

My dad said 'I'll give it six months' as I walked out of the house on the morning I got married(neither of my parents came to my wedding)......25 years later when he was giving me a silver Teapot for my silver wedding, i nudged him and said 'it's been a very long six months, hasn't it Dad'...he just grinned and gave me a hug.

You are right Granny.....every word you say it true.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 15:36   #28
God Member

It was wonderful because we were the reason for everyone that we knew being in a good mood and happy. I organised everything and it was all perfect and just how I wanted it.

I'm sure there might have been a few people who were unsure about Chris and I lasting before we got married - I'm 10 yrs older than him - but we're up for our 10th anniversary this year.

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 18:45   #29

It was wonderful because we had only been together for 2 years and Len was dying of cancer, but he wanted us to get married. We had a wonderful reception at the Peel Park Hotel surrounded by family and friends in April '07 and Len died just three months later.
ossylass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 19:23   #30

Why is it that people can be together for years but then when they get married they split up within a few years? I spose people just change.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..