Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-05-2007, 16:13   #16
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Re: CB Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Len View Post
I did have an HBC badge (Hyndburn Breakers Club) but haven’t seen that for years.
A likely story, I bet you still wear it with pride
Old 10-05-2007, 16:22   #17
Len
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
A likely story, I bet you still wear it with pride
Hey.. You never know, it might be worth something today. Do you wonna buy it?

Similar threads;
http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=29856
http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=13619

Len is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 21:10   #18
God Member

I used to go on about 15 years ago, it was pretty much dying down at the time and was about to be finished with the advent of the mobile phone.

I went under Sandman and occasionally one half of the Mad Monks (singing Evangelical rubbish all night!). Sorry to all those who I oined nightly. Used to live round the corner from Gilbert if anybody knew him but I cant remember his handle.

Did anybody here go to the colder less salubrious eyeballs at Plantation Lodge? They were all night booze-ups around a campfire
Old 17-11-2007, 00:29   #19
God Member

Me and cashy have just been talking about CB's in chatroom didn't know there was a thread.

My mum and dad were Ma baker and Pa Baker ..... I was only 2 years old but I was Muffin

My mother - in - law was Ossy Owl

Miracles do happen!!

slinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2007, 18:55   #20
Apprentice Geriatric

Cool Re: CB Radio

Green Flash for local copies and jambutty when DX’ing at Bogarts in Darwen.

I had a Black Shadow 80 channel AM rig and a silver rod but the Council made me take it down. So I ended up with a twig on a cross ground plane in the loft using an FM rig.

Some CB info for anyone who is interested at http://uk.geocities.com/[email protected]/golf/09f.html
Old 19-11-2007, 18:56   #21
Senior Member+

i remember goingon the cb when i was little... must of been about 7 or 8.. used to chat to me grandad on it.. i remember my dad throwing his coat over it in the car once when a copper came near... lol

I finally found someone daft enough to marry me, my wonderboy is 11, my monkeygirl is 3 and my bananaman is 2, my beautiful little flower was born in feb 2012
emamum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2007, 19:05   #22
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

never had one, but used me mates one night from a great vantage point, so if you are one of the guys that went tearasing down St James Rd-Church,over the canal bridge to that party, which had a male deficiancy i'm still laughing at you to this day.
Old 19-11-2007, 19:09   #23
God Member

I had one years ago ... must be 25 or 30 years .... when I lived in Saskatchewan. I believe it was a Cobra SSB that I bought at a truck stop just outside of Medicine Hat, Alta. My handle was "wooden nickle", and if you know anything about the geography of southern Saskatchewan you would know what kind of range you could get there. Ah ... time for a 10-100.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2007, 22:13   #24
God Member

ooooooohhh the good old cb radio .. those were the days .but isnt there a similar thread where we all gave our handles .. ah well i was honeycomb. would be great to meet the crowd again
cherokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2007, 22:14   #25
God Member

Redtape here - 1 9 for a copy

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..