Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-05-2007, 18:02   #1

CB Radio

I found my old CB in the loft the other day and a load of memories came flooding back. What a great time we had and what a great social side was in place. I remember disco's every week at the spinning Jenny and church commercial. My handle was fire hazzard from hazzard county ( Oswaldtwistle), how many of you accywebers were on the CB and what were your handles. It would be great to hear some of your memories of the hyndburn CB scene.
firefighter753 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 08-05-2007, 19:19   #2
God Member

Re: CB Radio

I have had a similar thread recently in the nostalgia section, but welcome this continuing theme. I am 'red tape' .I went to Yellow Ribbon, Spinning Jenny. Khyber Good Buddies at Sett End, The Mint, and of course the monthly big 'do' at Martholme - happy days

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 19:37   #3
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by firefighter753 View Post
I found my old CB in the loft the other day
Just out of interest what model is it?
Old 08-05-2007, 19:56   #4

Its a very scratched midland 3001 on AM totally illegal and with it was a dv27 twig.
firefighter753 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 21:26   #5

dv27 did you have to saw the top off or was that a firestick?
rick-kendall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 21:29   #6
God Member

I was very sad, went to the eyballs at Spinning Jenny, Enfield & of course Martholme Grange not to mention the Oak Tree - my handle was Aunt Sally - and I didn't even have a CB radio
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 15:12   #7

i only went to the martholme once and that was my last time its a place i would like to for get.....the spinning jenny was a good pub i think they come in there for the meeting,s on the c.b. raido my handle was speedy
mallard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 15:37   #8
Senior Member+

i always wanted to do the whole cb thing after watching smokey and the bandit

"ten-four this is the bandit i need some cover whilst i make a run"

"bandit its a pleasure to help!"

toot-toot

*cue the southern music*

yeeeeeeeeeehawwwwwwwwww!!
Old 10-05-2007, 00:52   #9
Accy Goddess

Cant comment on this thread has my CB day's were spent in Preston. Started off with a colt45 and a ikle die pole on a biscuit tin and ended up with a big silver rod on the gable end. Mick's handle was Kodak. When I was a novice I started out has rubber band coz I couldn't think of an handle. Changed it to raven top but still got called rubber band.
Wanted white witch but there was already at least two with that handle.
ANNE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 07:56   #10
mez
God Member

i was on the c/b radio too but im afraid it was after the good old days of the am .....we had fm & my handle was grey lady .we did have some fun too i remember big daddy ...camera man......o there were loads .when i lived in wales i once got a call from a lad in the army in germany no one would believe me (i did have the whiskey's on) he did send me a letter & a q.s.l. card still got it today boy we did have some fun till the young uns started with their bad mouthing ..10 10 for now till we do it again.
Old 10-05-2007, 07:59   #11

it was never the same when it went to fm shame it was great that was then what my pc is now
Old 10-05-2007, 08:01   #12
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANNE View Post
Cant comment on this thread has my CB day's were spent in Preston. Started off with a colt45 and a ikle die pole on a biscuit tin and ended up with a big silver rod on the gable end. Mick's handle was Kodak. When I was a novice I started out has rubber band coz I couldn't think of an handle. Changed it to raven top but still got called rubber band.
Wanted white witch but there was already at least two with that handle.
No we ended up on a 5/8th wave 27ft arial on the top of the gable and a Ham international homebase rig with over 500 channals and the police round most days.
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 08:03   #13
mez
God Member

hey we had a silver rod on top of a giant of a tree he he plus the whiskeys .........i forgot to mention we did have a maddy president am one too.
Old 10-05-2007, 10:01   #14
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

If I could find anything in the loft I might still have a couple of Hygain 5's (the ones with the annoying squeaky bleeps) a Ham Multimode and a Cobra 148GTL DX FM lurking up there. I was one of those sado's who wrote my own eproms and added UK 1-40's to the sideband radios
I probably still could if I put my mind to it even though it has been at least 10 years since I did one.
Old 10-05-2007, 15:47   #15
Len
God Member

I used to go to the eye balls at the chapel of rest (lidgett) and smokes back door (green club) rushton st, Harwood. I did have an HBC badge (Hyndburn Breakers Club) but haven’t seen that for years.

Len is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..