Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-03-2005, 11:06   #46
God Member

Re: Chavs

Accoding to the leaflet "Information about the Council Tax Bill" issued by HBC with every Council Tax Demand that is the amount they say they spend on Housing and Council Tax Benefit payments.
Old 21-03-2005, 11:18   #47
Senior Member+

Can you pro-rate it and exclude it from your council tax payments?

vorlon24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2005, 11:20   #48
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

I don't think you can . Why should we pay for those who are too lazy/stupid/can't be bothered (delete as you see fit) to work.
Old 21-03-2005, 11:20   #49
God Member

Eh......???
Old 21-03-2005, 11:25   #50
Senior Member+

I understand that there are a few genuine cases, but there are a hell of a lot of people claiming when they could actually do something about their situation

vorlon24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2005, 11:33   #51
God Member

Hmmm...6460 of them in 2000.
Old 21-03-2005, 11:35   #52
God Member

Of course, under New Labour proposals, if Chantelle and Dean decided to stay on at school until they were eighteen then the government would pay them £75.00 per week, each! Bit of an improvement on unemployment benefit.

But if you want your children to go into tertiary education then you have to pay for their fees and maintenance.

Last edited by Acrylic-bob; 21-03-2005 at 11:38.
Acrylic-bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2005, 14:50   #53
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acrylic-bob
Of course, under New Labour proposals, if Chantelle and Dean decided to stay on at school until they were eighteen then the government would pay them £75.00 per week, each! Bit of an improvement on unemployment benefit.

But if you want your children to go into tertiary education then you have to pay for their fees and maintenance.
Methinks there is something very wrong in that.
If you area good parent and are responsible enought to make sure your children get a good education and want to go on to higher ed. then you have to fund it.......while the irresponsible louts get hand outs right, left and centre.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2005, 15:11   #54
I am Banned

Major thing wrong is that it seems to pay to sit on ar*e than go out to work, actual workings out they do to compare work against non work at jobcentres is that the diff could mean a £10 - £30 better off but loose on other benefits - like NHS n free dinners take that into account it drops the figure n the attitude is whats the point?! Shame but true, what they wanna do it make it worth working n see the pride in working to provide rather than reliance. Tho another consideration should be taken to change is the working structure to work within family committments so ppl can work n raise families as the family structure has changed dramitically so should working environments, lessen the excuse. Atm im on a new deal course to try n get back into employment - thats the easy bit..... finding the hours/rate of pay suitable to fit in with my kids is the difficulty n im in an area where childcare facilities are slim to none n thats so i can train never mind when i get into a job to fit in with school hours only....even tho i am working at another school on placement n im just about doing my min hrs p/w n with a struggle balancing kids n work. Still lots that need to be done im afraid to improve working assessability.
accymel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2005, 15:20   #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acrylic-bob

My 16 year old stayed on at school in the 6th form and majority of her friends get EMA which pays them £30 pound per week, my daughter does not get anything because we earn too much money, some of these kids don't turn up for all their classes they attend just enough to qual;ify for payment each week. Louise goes to every lesson and has had to get herself a weekend job so she can go out and enjoy herself. If they give it to one they should give it to them all.

The most wasted day of all is that on which we have not laughed .......Sebastine Chamford
fibi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2005, 15:29   #56
I am Banned

Thats not fair Fibi, if they cant be arsed doing the lot then they shouldn't get paid owt, i know of a few ppl on my course who only did it to get the extra allowance but the course hasn't even paid me non of that yet n im still there but bet they got their cheques b4 disappearing to thin air n the rest of us are fuming cos we all agree they shouldnt of got anything till they at least make attempt to complete the course. Total abuse of something positive to gain exp n quals to get a chance of employment which i had to battle my way to get a chance to do this course n a chance to gain employment thereafter.....some ppl dont know when they are born n what its actually like to do without!!
Old 21-03-2005, 15:37   #57
I am Banned

But also to be fair i dont begrudge ppl who do need the benefits should be entitled but the amount of abuse of the system is unfair to those whom work but also to those whom are genuine claiments who do get stick n tarred by lazyarses n freeloaders n would like to get out of the system but for the want of tryin cant completely! Trouble with the system is that is goes round in circles to keep u in the benefit cycle but another type of it.
Old 21-03-2005, 15:38   #58
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by accystanmac
.....struggle balancing kids n work. Still lots that need to be done im afraid to improve working assessability.
I agree with that 100% and I hope you manage the balancing act. We are managing with both our jobs with the children at school, nursary and wrap-around care. It becomes very difficult when one of them is ill.
Old 21-03-2005, 15:48   #59
I am Banned

Thanx n good point Neil.....im only just about but becoming a good juggler as best i can lol. Luckily i touch wood they haven't become ill yet but ive told my employer that my kids do come 1st n if they are ill then they are my priority. Thats the thing as well ...childcare...even if u are lucky to find it that thats on a good conner cos u still have to pay em if off ill, hols, etc just so to keep their place - even know of a friend who was still charged for 2 weeks when his childminder went off on hols for 2 wks in spain n had to pay it to keep his childs place - eh?! cheek!! Plus u lose your pay if u are off cos of a sick child.... its ludicrous!!!

Last edited by Neil; 01-05-2011 at 12:40.
Old 21-03-2005, 15:52   #60
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!

Quote:
still charged for 2 weeks when his childminder went off on hols for 2 wks in spain n had to pay it to keep his childs place - eh?! cheek!!
That is out of order. So she is being pain 52 weeks a year .

Quote:
Plus u lose your pay if u are off cos of a sick child.... its ludicrous!!!
I can understand that one. By being off work you are in breach of you contract of employment.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..