Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29-03-2005, 17:25   #1
I am Banned

Downside to summer

The blamin icescream van dingalinging n the world records u can get as to how long it takes the kids to hear it n come in to ask for dosh!! 10 secs was my kids just now anyone beat it? LOL. Bloody good for icescream vans hell for parents purses/pockets
accymel is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 29-03-2005, 17:34   #2

Re: Downside to summer

Know a mum and dad who tell their kids it's the van for selling fish.

Sara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2005, 17:39   #3
Senior Member+

Haven't heard one round our end in a long while;no doubt dusting off the cornets as we speak and it'll "Teddy Bears Picnic" non stop for the next 5 months!
Old 29-03-2005, 17:39   #4
I am Banned

PMSL!!! how do they get away with that??!?!?....specially with icescreams all splattered n uncle sams van is like a cone on back LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sara
Old 29-03-2005, 17:41   #5
I am Banned

Well since clocks went forward thats been it up here non stop every eve wont be long b4 its 2-4 times a day, trust me they are in wait LOL
Old 29-03-2005, 17:43   #6
I am Banned

Saw my 1st big bumble bee today [not the clarets one pmsl!!] then reminded me that it wont be long b4 im running away from wasps arrrghh
Old 29-03-2005, 17:44   #7
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sara
I know someone who tells their kids the chime is to tell people that they've sold out of ice-creams!
Old 29-03-2005, 17:54   #8

If an ice cream van sounds its chimes on your road after \i think 7.30 pm look straight at him and at your watch . he commits an offence and can lose his licence for it. He will know what you are thinking!!!!!!!!
fireman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2005, 17:57   #9
Member.

Up to now we've been lucky, no Ice Cream vans mucking up the evenings. I did buy a lolly and a 99 with a flak in the lakes yesterday.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2005, 18:02   #10
I am Banned

Really?!? is there a time limit that they can dingaling then???!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fireman
If an ice cream van sounds its chimes on your road after \i think 7.30 pm look straight at him and at your watch . he commits an offence and can lose his licence for it. He will know what you are thinking!!!!!!!!
Old 29-03-2005, 18:07   #11

Definately its designed to stop sleeping children awakening wanting ice cream
fireman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2005, 18:16   #12
I am Banned

ahhhhh ponders that could apply to any time of the day then for younger ones LOL
Old 29-03-2005, 18:36   #13
Senior Member+

Our Ice Cream van turns up just before lunch.

Our kids always miss out as they don't get anything until lunch has been eaten... all of it!!!

vorlon24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2005, 18:46   #14
Senior Member+

Saw a huge bee up at Brookside nurseries this aft!Have now got plants in the pots in my yard again!It's certainly feeling a bit more Spring like now!
Old 29-03-2005, 18:47   #15
Senior Member+

Noticing an Ice Cream thread I thought I would let you know I recently got an email from an old friend of mine who hit on an idea a few years back, he was made redundent by a large Aircraft firm not far from Preston and thought that he would never work again etc, this was the days before Ebay and he found in Exchange and Mart an old Bicycle Ice Cream cart, he paid 50 quid for it and spent about the same doing it up and then he went and bought some of the square ice ceam and cones, dressed himself up as an Italian with mustache and white coat etc and set off around Accy center to see if he could make money, he did and with the help of a friend bought a bedford van and drove to Blackpool where he cycled up and down the prom. Long story made short the email I just got was that he is retiring at the grand old age of 45 and has bought a place in Spain for cash. There is money in Ice Cream.

Bazf is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..