Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25-05-2010, 19:14   #1
God Member

Chelsea Flower Show - Canal

I've just got t'telly on in the background - it's showing the Chelsea Flower Show, and an exhibit based on the Leeds/Liverpool canal at Leeds...locks and all. It looks lovely and I suspect it will be in for an award.

I wonder next year if some of you green fingered lot might consider an entry into the show based upon the Leeds/Liverpool canal at Church? The theme could be a stark urban landscape, dead swans and pink water..and other stuff besides.
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 25-05-2010, 22:02   #2
Common Sense Member

Re: Chelsea Flower Show - Canal

The final section between Clayton-le-Moors and Eanam celebrates its 200th anniversary on June 20th, there are celebrations going on then in Clayton.

Not sure if the dead swan will be participating but it won't be for want of trying by the sick yobs who destroyed a 23 year old nest in Rishton two months ago.

Cheers guys.

http://hyndburn-labour.blogspot.co.uk/ - Updates from the Hyndburn Labour Group
Ken Moss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2010, 06:04   #3
God Member

i often ride along the canal between Ossy (behind the Hare and Hounds) and Blackburn, thats a really nice stretch of canal, very peaceful when you are on your own and very clean, it takes you through Rishton and then back on to Blackburn where i come off, if any stretch of the canal is done i think it should be that, no dead swans at all

i recall seeing a swan on it's nest last year just further down than Tottleworth Bridge, was that the one that got destroyed Mossy?
Old 26-05-2010, 06:09   #4
Common Sense Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashy View Post
i recall seeing a swan on it's nest last year just further down than Tottleworth Bridge, was that the one that got destroyed Mossy?
I'm afraid so, Shaz. They've been nesting there for well over 20 years and some schoolkids kicked it to bits in March.

Fortunately, the swans rebuilt their nest somewhere else further along but they're far more 'Rishton' than I am so it would be a crying shame if they were scared off.

http://hyndburn-labour.blogspot.co.uk/ - Updates from the Hyndburn Labour Group
Ken Moss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2010, 06:13   #5
God Member

the little sh!ts
Old 26-05-2010, 09:17   #6
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashy View Post
the little sh!ts
Now now Shaz remember what happened to those poor kids at the hands of that nasty Magistrate the other week

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..