Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-02-2008, 08:24   #1
Junior Member+

Childminding organisations

I was just wondering what other authorities apart from Ofsted, The NCMA and Surestart regulate and asses childmindinding services and inspect childcare providers, Becuase i read somewhere it is not necessary to be registered with Ofsted if your registered with another authority.
Mitchells is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 14-02-2008, 08:28   #2
God Member

Re: Childminding organisations

Ofsted

Childcare

Any person rewarded for looking after children under eight for more than two hours a day must register with us. Those working in their own homes must register as childminders, while those working on non-domestic premises must register as day-care providers.

If you are not sure whether you need to register, you can ring Ofsted's helpline on 08456 404040 for more information.
AccyLass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2008, 08:29   #3
Senior Member+

as far as i am aware you have to be ofsted checked and registered. unless it has changed since i childminded.. im pretty sure all childcare providers inc. schools, nurseries and childminders have to be registered..

I finally found someone daft enough to marry me, my wonderboy is 11, my monkeygirl is 3 and my bananaman is 2, my beautiful little flower was born in feb 2012
emamum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2008, 08:29   #4

You have to be inspected & passed by OFSTED to gain your registration number - you can't set up without it. Local authorities used to regulate childminders up to around 2002 then everything changed over to OFSTED and many childminders quit.
Old 14-02-2008, 08:30   #5
Senior Member+

i have been inspected by ofsted and its not that bad....

I finally found someone daft enough to marry me, my wonderboy is 11, my monkeygirl is 3 and my bananaman is 2, my beautiful little flower was born in feb 2012
Old 14-02-2008, 08:49   #6
Junior Member+

Has anyone heard of a company called Blink Ed Ltd who produced resources for childminders and "All about me books" for children to fill in. I recieved a letter from them today offering me free resources if i would comment on them and make suggestions. From the sounds of it ill recieve quite alot. Has anybody had any dealings with them in the past.
Old 14-02-2008, 08:58   #7
God Member

Never heard of them, just googled it and it came up with nothing
Old 14-02-2008, 08:59   #8
God Member

Ahh nope, sorry I found it
http://www.blink.org.uk/links.asp
These?
Old 14-02-2008, 09:00   #9
Junior Member+

Okay, thanks well im gonna apply anyway, just for the freebies. lol
Old 14-02-2008, 09:01   #10
Junior Member+

No according to them they are a lancashire based organisation, and there full trading name is Blink Media Educational Limited. I couldnt find anything either im gonna give them a ring now and find out a little more about them.
Old 14-02-2008, 09:03   #11
Senior Member+

i did something like this for my children... it had all their details in, what they liked/disliked and i stuck bits of work in for their parents, makes a nice record for when the child leaves your care..

Old 14-02-2008, 09:05   #12
Junior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by emamum23 View Post
i did something like this for my children... it had all their details in, what they liked/disliked and i stuck bits of work in for their parents, makes a nice record for when the child leaves your care..
From the sounds of it that is what the all about me books are. I just spoke to a lass on reception who said that they’d send me a pack out ASAP, it seems a very professional set up and they produce thousands of resources.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..