Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 18-11-2007, 15:16   #46

Re: Coffee!!

Hiya

An expresso is like double strength black coffee is a tiny cup, cappucino and latte are basically coffee, with steamed milk (the difference is the way the milk gets hot I believe).

If your making a\ brew at home, put your milk in the cup first abouy 1/3 to 1/2 full, pop into the microwave till hot, then add spoonful of coffee and hot water top the top. Tastes fab!

Also, apparently, if your a coffee lover that put your coffee in the cup and then fills with boiling water, this actually burns the coffee and gives a 'nasty' taste. Always put milk in first then coffee so granules dont burn. You can actually taste the difference.

Saying that, my daily diet is coffee and fags lol
onlyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 18-11-2007, 15:16   #47
Resident Waffler

Goodness me I'm glad I don't drink coffee. It sounds far too complicated.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-2007, 15:31   #48

ohh its worth it for a good brew willow lol
Old 18-11-2007, 16:01   #49
Senior Member+

i drink moine strong and black, topped up with cold water so i dont have to wait ages to drink it... that and a fag is the only way i can cope in the morns especcially when they twins are staying over.....

I finally found someone daft enough to marry me, my wonderboy is 11, my monkeygirl is 3 and my bananaman is 2, my beautiful little flower was born in feb 2012
emamum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-2007, 19:31   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by emamum23 View Post
i drink moine strong and black, topped up with cold water so i dont have to wait ages to drink it... that and a fag is the only way i can cope in the morns especcially when they twins are staying over.....
Thats my all day dietary requirement until 8 when the little one is in bed and I can actually sit and eat lol
Old 18-11-2007, 19:33   #51
Senior Member+

i eat what ever the kids can have since they prefer stealing of my plate....

I finally found someone daft enough to marry me, my wonderboy is 11, my monkeygirl is 3 and my bananaman is 2, my beautiful little flower was born in feb 2012
Old 18-11-2007, 19:43   #52
God Member

You should eat a breakfast it gives you the boost you need!!!
Old 18-11-2007, 19:47   #53
Senior Member+

does checking the wheatabix is not too hot count as breakfast??

Old 18-11-2007, 19:51   #54
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by emamum23 View Post
does checking the wheatabix is not too hot count as breakfast??
No it does not you should always eat breakfast especially when you have young ones it keeps your strength up
Old 19-11-2007, 07:04   #55

My stomach doesnt even attempt to wake up until mid afternoon anyway lol
Old 19-11-2007, 21:15   #56

Never ever been able to eat until noonish, 5 cups of proper coffee is all I can stand until then. I don't think my stomach wakes up till then .
Stanaccy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2007, 22:06   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by BERNADETTE View Post
I don't like coffee so I certainly wouldn't try that!!
Try it.

I won't drink coffee normally but I will drink espresso.

As to the difference between cappuccino and latte, they are both essentially the same, espresso topped with steamed milk, however in a latte 10% of the milk is "frothy" and the other 90% hot milk, a cappuccino is 30-40% "frothy" and the other 60-70% hot milk. It's all down to the way it's poured.

I need to get a new job.
SamF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2007, 22:51   #58
white rabbits

this thread reminds me of the late 50s early 60s when we teenagers hung about in expresso coffee bars listening to the latest songs on the jukebox,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,erm memories
Old 20-11-2007, 21:08   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by grannyclaret View Post
this thread reminds me of the late 50s early 60s when we teenagers hung about in expresso coffee bars listening to the latest songs on the jukebox,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,erm memories

Touche Grannyclaret reimnds me of sitting the Hargreaves at dinnertime when I was 16 wondering if I should order a coffee and remain legal or be a rebel and order a beer
Stanaccy is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..