Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-05-2010, 13:42   #76
Resting in Peace

Re: Conservatives and Liberal Democrat Coalition Government

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
I know lets play guess. i reckon he has some kinda employment, were he deems it very unwise to reveal his true I.D.?
Errrrr like a modern day James Bond shaken not stired
Old 22-05-2010, 16:20   #77
JCB

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Fair enough JCB, but please explain why yer e-mail addy was councillor broadleys name? cos that sure as hell beats me.
Casnman if your e-mail address had "thatcher" in it would that make you Margaret Thatcher?
JCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2010, 16:34   #78
JCB

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
You and me both, mind you we're both sly old boots really
Why should I have an ulterior motive?
Come on , both of you get your great minds together and produce a genuine answer.
Old 22-05-2010, 16:42   #79
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCB View Post
Come on , both of you get your great minds together and produce a genuine answer.
I think jumping straight into the political melee, and not posting a nice little introduction, in the relevant thread, combined with the name in your email address, probably led a few to ponder if you were Cllr. Broadley.

I cheery hello, usually works wonders.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2010, 20:22   #80
JCB

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
I think jumping straight into the political melee, and not posting a nice little introduction, in the relevant thread, combined with the name in your email address, probably led a few to ponder if you were Cllr. Broadley.

I cheery hello, usually works wonders.

Hello Garinda.People can ponder as they wish , but unless their pondering leads them to facts they should keep their pondering in their minds and
not put it into print.
Sorry for not writing my autobiography first.I was under the impression that anyone signed up to the accy web was free to express opinions in his/her own way.
Old 22-05-2010, 20:34   #81

Yes but it's nice to be nice
Would you walk up to someone in the street that you didn't know and start giving them your political views or would you say, hello my name is so and so and then have a conversation.
Not having a go at you JCB, I have no idea who you are and don't care (mean that in a nice way)
When I joined here I was originally looking for anyone that knew my dad. I explained a bit about myself and said hello.
Anyway welcome to Accyweb, have fun
suedarbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2010, 20:51   #82
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Hello Garinda.People can ponder as they wish , but unless their pondering leads them to facts they should keep their pondering in their minds and
not put it into print.
Sorry for not writing my autobiography first.I was under the impression that anyone signed up to the accy web was free to express opinions in his/her own way.
Fair enough.

Just trying to offer some friendly advice, from a old pro.

You first entered my radar, when one of your still few posts was this...

Quote:
The Parliamentary Labour Party is full those who have had experience in government.Whoever the Party chooses will make mincemeat of the Tom and Jerry act that is taking place on the Government benches at the moment.
Personally, as I subsequently posted in reply, I thought it was a load of old bunkum, and I'm considered by some on here, to be left of Chairman Mao.

Still, I guess some people don't come here to win friends, and influence people.

I guess you're just one of them.

Old 22-05-2010, 20:59   #83
JCB

Quote:
Originally Posted by suedarbo View Post
Yes but it's nice to be nice
Would you walk up to someone in the street that you didn't know and start giving them your political views or would you say, hello my name is so and so and then have a conversation.
Not having a go at you JCB, I have no idea who you are and don't care (mean that in a nice way)
When I joined here I was originally looking for anyone that knew my dad. I explained a bit about myself and said hello.
Anyway welcome to Accyweb, have fun
Thanks suedarbo.
I hope you found what you were seeking.
Old 22-05-2010, 21:17   #84
JCB

Quote:
Fair enough.

Just trying to offer some friendly advice, from a old pro.

You first entered my radar, when one of your still few posts was this...

Personally, as I subsequently posted in reply, I thought it was a load of old bunkum, and I'm considered by some on here, to be left of Chairman Mao.

Still, I guess some people don't come here to win friends, and influence people.

I guess you're just one of them.

Thanks Garinda.
Sounds like your politics are allied to mine.
I think we often express views with tongue-in-cheek hoping that we will influence others when we can't really put hand on heart and say "I really believe that."
I am always open to criticism and guidance , and whilst it may seem I don't always accept it , the seed has been planted in my mind.
It's a pity more do not use Accy Web.It has the potential to be a great source for debate and expression of views.
Your thread about councillors is a good example.I have little contact with them these days.At one time they were always around the clubs and pubs and seemed more approachable.Or it's probably me getting older and not clubbing it anymore.
Old 22-05-2010, 21:20   #85
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
You and me both, mind you we're both sly old boots really
Only trouble is they're odd sizes, different colours, and one has a hole in, so gets a bit wet.

Old 22-05-2010, 21:30   #86
Give, give, give member

Quote:
It's a pity more do not use Accy Web.It has the potential to be a great source for debate and expression of views.
When you've been here a little longer, you might realise what power this forum exerts.

Very often stories appear here, long before the press pick up on them, and as for being 'used more', people might not post on here much, but what's said on here doesn't go unnoticed. Trust me.

At various times, because of this forum, and it's ability to bring people together, things do get changed.

Be that support for various politicans, the ability to bring policy decisions to a wider audience, and organise a public backlash against them, or even something as simple as putting someone who needs help in touch with those who can give it.

Never underestimate the power of Accy Web.

People power.

People make, people break.

Old 22-05-2010, 21:44   #87
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Casnman if your e-mail address had "thatcher" in it would that make you Margaret Thatcher?
Well if me e-mail addy had thatcher in it JCB, suicide would be a strong option.

Quote:
let me explain then, as yer new n not really aware, recently with the pre-election build up, we have had n influx of real ******* (aint refering to you at this point) who have jumped in wi both feet n made real pillocks of themselves IMHO. its very rare in my time on here that one who jumps in first post with summat like you did, aint one, at this point i give ya benefit of doubt. hope that explains it.
Old 23-05-2010, 00:16   #88
God Member

Quote:
When you've been here a little longer, you might realise what power this forum exerts.

Very often stories appear here, long before the press pick up on them, and as for being 'used more', people might not post on here much, but what's said on here doesn't go unnoticed. Trust me.

Very true. But sometimes even this forum misses out on a local story. I was waiting all the week just gone- I'm still waiting - for the story to break on here or in the LT or Observer about the guy suspended from work at a certain greeting card/gift company in Church for insulting one of the Prophets (I'll let you guess which one). Still there may not be any truth in the story or the facts may be somwhat different.
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2010, 00:37   #89
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tealeaf View Post
Very true. But sometimes even this forum misses out on a local story. I was waiting all the week just gone- I'm still waiting - for the story to break on here or in the LT or Observer about the guy suspended from work at a certain greeting card/gift company in Church for insulting one of the Prophets (I'll let you guess which one). Still there may not be any truth in the story or the facts may be somwhat different.
Cor blimey guv.. you mean this horace insulted Wayne Rooney?.. the bloke should be beaten to within an inch of his life.
If as is per usuall it's more of the kak such as checkout girls at ASDA or some other refusing to sell stuff to people with wristbands supporting our troops then carry on.. I'll take your word for it.. you may have "inside information"
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2010, 08:51   #90
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Only trouble is they're odd sizes, different colours, and one has a hole in, so gets a bit wet.

Ya but we both call a spade a shovel

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..