Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-11-2007, 18:03   #31

Re: council recycling

They was a bottle bank a a paper bank at the back of mill street in oswaldtwistle,but they moved it and i dont nowe were it is but can you see any one takeing there cans and bottle,s to it,i dont think so.
mallard is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 13-11-2007, 18:04   #32

It's crazy when you think how many councils, government offices and banks have been in the media having lost or ditched confidential paperwork, you'd think something would be done to redress the situation.
Old 13-11-2007, 19:35   #33
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mallard View Post
They was a bottle bank a a paper bank at the back of mill street in oswaldtwistle,but they moved it and i dont nowe were it is but can you see any one takeing there cans and bottle,s to it,i dont think so.

That's perfectly true. Since the introduction of residential recycling collections in Hyndburn, there is nowhere busineses can take their waste, which could be recycled, even if they wanted to. All of it goes to straight to landfill.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2007, 19:52   #34
God Member

Are the ones at Asda still there?

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2007, 19:58   #35
God Member

Since I dont go often I don't know that, but there were some behind the Golden Cross in Ossy last time I passed. There used to be a few on Henry St Church ouside the Pioneer Club- they may still be there.

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2007, 22:56   #36
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gayle View Post
Are the ones at Asda still there?
they were on sat gayle, we had just got back, so had the misfortune to visit asda.
Old 13-11-2007, 23:08   #37
God Member

In Lancaster, the recycling scheme is really good. We have 3 boxes: 1 for paper and tins, 1 for cardboard and glass (not broken/smashed) and 1 for plastics (not all plastics though).

If you want a compost bin then you can also request one, and pretty much everything you use can be recycled. The only thing we have to throw away in our household is the plastic trays from meat and such, because I think that the type of plastic is hard to distinguish so its hard for them to seperate.

They come and collect it all one a fortnight like they do in hyndburn, except I think its much more efficient with the box scheme rather than the sacks. The boxes are colour coded: 2 yellows and 1 red. The red is for plastic and the yellows for the 2 groups of other stuff.

I think the only problem some people may have with this scheme is if they live in small houses or flats with no garden or yard to put the boxes in, and it gets a bit of a pain keeping 3 large boxes in your house full of rubbish.
blazey is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..