Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 24-01-2007, 20:38   #16
Senior Member+

Re: Council's way of Selling Houses

Quote:
Originally Posted by chav1 View Post
they shouldnt be selling council houses anyway , what they get for it will be nothing compared to the rent they willbe paying for a family to live in a privatly rented house that could have lived in it
Its not a council house as such ,its a end terrace.

I am not going to bother putting a bid in i recon looking at it again it would require a lot of work.

Probably be snapped up by some southern developer.
Old 24-01-2007, 21:56   #17
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chav1 View Post
i just got a car repair bill to pay and big holes in the road damaging my car arnt covered by my insurance
You could try claiming for the damage from Lancashire County Council. They are responsible for the roads. Several years ago a friend of mine got them to replace a car wheel after it was damaged hitting a big pot hole.

It's worth a phone call.
Old 24-01-2007, 22:15   #18
Resident Waffler

Quote:
Originally Posted by entwisi View Post
you get a mortgage guarantee from teh lender

If you win you take it up, if you don't they let it lapse

But that wouldn't necessarily mean they would lend for a specific property if it doesn't value up to what you committed to pay for it does it? It only relates to your credit worthiness and the amount they will lend against your salary etc.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2007, 22:25   #19
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp View Post
But that wouldn't necessarily mean they would lend for a specific property if it doesn't value up to what you committed to pay for it does it? It only relates to your credit worthiness and the amount they will lend against your salary etc.

You can raise a mortgage on almost anything, though the lender will only loan you as much as they think it is worth in it's present state, in case it's defaulted on, and they need to get their money back by reselling it.

In this case it would be difficult to raise a mortgage on a property that is in a bad state of disrepair. They would almost certainly demand that a full structural survey is carried out, paid for by the person seeking the loan. Making it an extremely unattractive prospective purchase for most people, other than was said earlier by a property developer, who would probably pay cash, as do most of the buyers of properties at auctions.

It's a risk, but someone could strike lucky by putting in a cheeky bid, you never know.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2007, 22:39   #20
Resting in peace

Hyndburn Borough Council can't even work out how to lie straight in bed, why p**s about like this, and as chav 1 rightly says leave themselves open to accusations of corruption, surely the easyest way would have been to shove it on 'Homes Under The Hammer' P.B. mighn't have got his mug on morning television, instead of his own personal news- sheet 'The Thobserver'. (No it's not a spelling mishtake).
Ianto.W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2007, 22:50   #21
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ianto.W. View Post
Hyndburn Borough Council can't even work out how to lie straight in bed, why p**s about like this, and as chav 1 rightly says leave themselves open to accusations of corruption, surely the easyest way would have been to shove it on 'Homes Under The Hammer' P.B. mighn't have got his mug on morning television, instead of his own personal news- sheet 'The Thobserver'. (No it's not a spelling mishtake).
Without knowing the details of HBC's sale of this house, in Scotland the sealed bids are given on an offers over price.

It would be nice to think the council has had at least a couple of valuations on this property, and that only bids over a certain price are accepted.

Or as I said earlier a cheeky bid of £5.50p might just clinch it.

Old 24-01-2007, 22:54   #22
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

its a con , somebodys on a nice little earner with this, is my opinion, any councillors dont like it = SUE ME.
Old 24-01-2007, 22:57   #23
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
its a con , somebodys on a nice little earner with this, is my opinion, any councillors dont like it = SUE ME.
I disagree. Things like this are now very tightly scrutinised, for obvious reasons.

Old 24-01-2007, 23:01   #24
Give, give, give member

...even things like gerrymandering for prospective voters, like Dame Shirley Porter did in Westminster, are nigh on impossible now. There is so much more public accountability now in government than ever before. Besides the opposition would love to uncover a scandal if it did happened.

Old 24-01-2007, 23:01   #25
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
I disagree. Things like this are now very tightly scrutinised, for obvious reasons.
By Who HBC? so are elections an they have been fiddled.
Old 24-01-2007, 23:37   #26
Resting in peace

Where there is muck there is brass, where there is brass there is muck, 'cashy' bob on as usual, garinda stop being so mischievous, you are certainly not naive, cynical a little bit, geremandering by gum your begining to sound like Ian Paisley, does thet mean messing about with borders to try to grab 'your sort' of voters. Tell you what garinda that avitar has style, is your mugshot from Styal. £5.50 Tha can have mine for that.
Ianto.W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2007, 01:13   #27
I am Banned

jsut to be clear i am not saying a councilor would buy this property and make a proffit

that would be to obviuos

probably make sure a friend got it and split the proffits

unless HBC have a councilor called A.Councilor i shoud be safe from being sued
chav1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2007, 07:42   #28
Resident Waffler

Do we know where this particu;ar property is?

There's an eyesore at the bottom of our row that could do with going on 'Homes Under The Hammer'.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2007, 08:49   #29
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Someone said to me the other day that they should start bull dozing at the bottom of Willows lane and not stop until they reach Green Haworth golf course. I thought that was a bit extreme personally.
Old 25-01-2007, 09:19   #30
God Member

They demolish/sell the old solid if somewhat "broken" houses and then throw up lightwieght plasterboard palaces that cost a little to build and a lot to sell.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..