Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25-01-2007, 11:06   #31
Senior Member+

Re: Council's way of Selling Houses

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp View Post
Do we know where this particu;ar property is?

There's an eyesore at the bottom of our row that could do with going on 'Homes Under The Hammer'.
Its near Plantation Street.
Old 25-01-2007, 11:11   #32
Resident Waffler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
Someone said to me the other day that they should start bull dozing at the bottom of Willows lane and not stop until they reach Green Haworth golf course. I thought that was a bit extreme personally.
If they're thinking of bulldozing me I shall be demanding considerable compensation. There are a few that are grim down below but not all of us are demolishworthy.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2007, 11:20   #33
Resting in peace

Y
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPUGGIE J View Post
They demolish/sell the old solid if somewhat "broken" houses and then throw up lightwieght plasterboard palaces that cost a little to build and a lot to sell.
You'r right there spuggie, single crap brick 2"x2" wood frames with the cavity filled with expanded poystyrene dust, they built some on the side of the Coppice out of concrete brick, and are forever having to replace frost damaged bricks. It is nearly impossible to fit showers etc to the inside walls, as they will not take the weight. Why they don't do like all the other towns, and renovate the substantial shells of the terraced houses is beyond belief.

Last edited by Ianto.W.; 25-01-2007 at 11:23.
Ianto.W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2007, 11:36   #34
Resident Waffler

Totally agree with you both there. These houses have been standing over 100 years - I doubt the little cardboard boxes being built today will last that long.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2007, 14:33   #35

Be careful you could end up spending money on surveys for nothing, large houses can just eat up money, but on the up side once its yours you can do the work as you can afford it
Kitkat is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..