Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16-01-2008, 21:07   #16

Re: Crime In Clayton Le Moors

The sort of crime that some people will never get over for the rest of their life. If you can’t feel secure in your own home it must be very difficult
Old 16-01-2008, 21:30   #17

I agree with derekgas. No punishment that they give him will be enough, he needs a good public beating and humiliation. Probably get community service and a 50quid fine though.
Old 16-01-2008, 21:43   #18
God Member

I've just been doing a bit of googling on the Great Harwood case.
Life for businessman rapist who stalked young women at night - Law - Times Online

I noticed that the rapist's tariff was set at 18 years but that he will probably only serve 9 years. He had spent 17 months on remand and for some reason time spent in prison prior to sentencing seems to be knocked off the final sentence.

They reckon he'll be eligible for parole in 7 and a half years.....so what was the point in originally saying 18 years?
Old 16-01-2008, 21:49   #19
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilly View Post
They reckon he'll be eligible for parole in 7 and a half years.....so what was the point in originally saying 18 years?
Sadly, it seems that in this country, the victim always suffers more pain and anguish time than the perpertrator serves prison time!
Old 16-01-2008, 21:50   #20
God Member

scum is not a bad enough word for this degenerate... I really hope that she is getting some support after what must have been a horrendous experience

link to telegraph

sex_attacker_robs_victim_and_leaves_her_locked_in_ shed.php

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2008, 13:58   #21
Beacon of light

I have heard a rumour that the perp has been caught in Rishton.......not sure of the authenticity...just street gossip.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2008, 15:45   #22
God Member

Was on 2BR, 35yr old man from Rishton being questioned.
Old 17-01-2008, 16:54   #23
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
Was on 2BR, 35yr old man from Rishton being questioned.
And according to Telegraph he is 30 yr old
Old 17-01-2008, 18:03   #24
God Member

I read in the observer that someone is being questioned.

What amazes me is the sheer stupidity of this nasty bastard. He raped this poor women that must have been scared to death..... then he locked her in a shed and and stole credit cards. He then used the cards in the same night as he raped and attacked this poor women. Am I right in thinking they have cctv on all cash points?? how the hell did he think he was ever gonna get away with something so horrendous?

To be robbed is bad enough, but to have this as well ........ was he no happy robbing her of her money, no he needed to take her dignity as well, ******.

Miracles do happen!!

slinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2008, 15:14   #25
God Member

New update from the Telegraph;

Two 25-year-olds were arrested at addresses in Blackburn last night. One was arrested on suspicion of burglary and sexual assault, the other on suspicion of assisting an offender.
A 30-year-old man from Rishton who was arrested on Thursday has been eliminated from inquiries and released without charge, but given a caution for a drugs offence .
Old 18-01-2008, 19:04   #26
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy View Post
I agree with derekgas. No punishment that they give him will be enough, he needs a good public beating and humiliation. Probably get community service and a 50quid fine though.
that sits well with me Speedy, but no doubt some pleb would shout- what about his human rights. think as well they should beat these plebs, then perhaps we will get somewhere.
Old 18-01-2008, 23:26   #27

As far as im concerned criminals in serious cases like this dont deserve to have human rights.
Old 19-01-2008, 10:16   #28
Senior Member+

man arrested and charged
38 year old KARL VICKERS york close
just hope they throw away the keys
one nice ladies life ruined

like i've never been gone
beechy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2008, 10:19   #29
God Member

At least they caught the B**tard before he struck again
pipinfort is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..