Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28-06-2005, 14:09   #1

Daytime TV

I must point out how much I find daytime tv boring. Surely, with all the channel you can get now you would think that something decent would be on all the time but NO. Anyone else find it extremely dull
Steph is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 28-06-2005, 14:25   #2
Resting in peace

Re: Daytime TV

When I had a TV, it had a very useful device - an on/off switch! - Switch it off and read a book!
pendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2005, 14:34   #3
Beacon of light

The first thing hubby does in a morning when he gets up is switch on the box.........if he goes out anywhere I turn it off........it is like mental chewing gum.
I could live without the TV.......but I have to have my fix of Accyweb.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2005, 14:35   #4
Senior Member+

The only thing on at the moment during the day that is worth watching is Wimbledon, although the women's matches are questionable. They are not as powerful as the men, and they grunt very loudly - something that is noticeably absent from the mens' games

vorlon24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2005, 14:48   #5
Senior Member+

I like daytime telly it lets you know that theres always someone worse off than yourself.

Trisha, City Hospital, Jerry Springer, This Morning.

I dont watch much telly anymore since the kids take over the telly in winter but i make sure they are out and about now so they not in front of the telly when the weather is lovely and i work in the eves.
MUMMIBOO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2005, 14:57   #6
Filthy / Gorgeous

Bejeweled Blitz Champion!

It's as rare as rocking horse manure that I switch on the TV during the day. However out of curiosity I switched it on yesterday morning, to be met with Jerry Springer. How dire was that???? After 10 minutes of watching some fat ugly fella declare that he had slept with 45 women behind his partner's back, and some other bloke demanding DNA testing to find out if he had fathered his child, I gave the telly the flick and went out with the dog for a nice walk. It will be a long time before I dare to switch on daytime TV again.

The views expressed here are my own and not necessarily those of my family, friends, employer, this site, my neighbours, hairdresser, dentist, GP, next door's dog or anyone else who knows me..
lettie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2005, 15:01   #7
I am Banned

yeah that jerry springer UK puts brutain to shame compared to the show he had in america

our guests are pretty tame compared to usa guests

uk guest - my girlfriend left me boo hooo

usa guest - my boyfriend dosnt know ime a shemale prostitue thats sleeping with his mother

now thats entertainment lol
chav1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2005, 16:00   #8
Len
God Member

Jeepers!
Am I the only one working during the day these days? hehe
Weekend day time TV’s a load of bull but then to be honest I’m a PC addict so I wouldn’t be watching it any-how.

So, come on everyone, poor Len.

Oh and keep to the topic. I don’t want to be the one that changed the subject.
Len is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2005, 17:00   #9
Filthy / Gorgeous

Bejeweled Blitz Champion!

The sad thing about daytime TV is that after yesterdays Jerry Springer experience I couldn't help wondering what foreigners must think. Imagine that you are visiting from abroad, in the UK for a holiday. You switch on the TV in your hotel room while you tuck into your late breakfast and are met with the kind of pond life that tend to frequent these shows. What impression of British people do shows like these give? I can tell you now, I don't think it's a good one.

The views expressed here are my own and not necessarily those of my family, friends, employer, this site, my neighbours, hairdresser, dentist, GP, next door's dog or anyone else who knows me..
lettie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2005, 19:35   #10
g78

You could always watch continuous coverage of Big Brother
Old 28-06-2005, 19:44   #11
Beacon of light

I would rather shove live wasps up my bum.......I hate the reality shows.......all of them.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2005, 19:55   #12
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington
I would rather shove live wasps up my bum
A lot of people would pay to see that...!

vorlon24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2005, 19:55   #13
God Member

Someone told me this morning that Lorraine Kelly, the high priestess of Fan-tastic, managed to claw a salary of £500,000 a year from her morning show and the occaisional bits she does on "This Morning".

There has to be something sadly wrong with society when simpering like a simpleton in front of a tv camera can net you half a million quid.

Yes, we have TV at work. I tell my lot it is an incentive, but really it is because I want to watch the early morning news - thats one of the nice things about being in charge; I get to do some of the things I like.
Old 28-06-2005, 20:07   #14
Resident Waffler

I admit to watching "Bargain Hunt" and "Flog It!" type programs and the ones that involve househunting (but I think that's because I'm a nosy so and so and like to see other people's houses)

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2005, 21:09   #15
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

very rarely watch daytime,unless theres summat i fancy on the history channel,come to think of it rarely watch anytime tv.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..