Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28-06-2005, 20:37   #1

Pollen Count

In case anyone is interested in the pollen count i have just popped on the web site for tomorrow's pollen count and finally it says that it is going to be low. It has been so high this last few days it has been dreadful. I don't suffer from hay fever personally but my daughter has been terrible this last week. To get her out to school in the mornings is turning into a millitary operation, what with tablet, eye drops and nose drops, not forgetting a smear of vaseline rubbed over the the eyes and round the nostrils. So if the forcasters are right and the pollen count is dropping i for one will be glad.
Sara is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 28-06-2005, 21:00   #2
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Pollen Count

its strange how some people are affected by it,im not but i know some people who suffer badly with it, WHY? i certainly don't know but would be interested if you do?
Old 28-06-2005, 22:45   #3
God Member

with the lightening and the rain pelting it down outside I think you can safely say that the pollen count has dropped dramatically Sara

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2005, 23:10   #4
I am Banned

good thing is that kids usualy grow out of hayfever although i was in my 20's before i out grew my hayfever

my friend however has just started with hayfever the past few years

weird
chav1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2005, 00:54   #5
land of hope and glory

its simple dont breath!all these bugs and everything ,they cant be good for you just glad i dont suffer.
staggeringman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2005, 07:55   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by harwood red
with the lightening and the rain pelting it down outside I think you can safely say that the pollen count has dropped dramatically Sara
What lightening and rain? Am i missing something?
Old 29-06-2005, 13:01   #7
white rabbits

i love the smell of new cut grass,, i dont suffer from hayfever
but it kills my son
Old 29-06-2005, 13:51   #8
God Member

We had lightening and mega rainfall late last night when I was on my comp (with my rubber boots on of course in case I was hit by lightening whilst typing on my comp!!

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2005, 18:13   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by harwood red
We had lightening and mega rainfall late last night when I was on my comp (with my rubber boots on of course in case I was hit by lightening whilst typing on my comp!!
Love a good storm, annoyed i missed it.

Old 29-06-2005, 20:44   #10
Beacon of light

I didn't start with hayfever until I was in my forties.......cut grass is about the worst.......and although hayfever is supposed to get a bit better when it rains...it doesn't seem to make much difference to me.

I have been a bit better since I cut down on dairy products, and local honey is supposed to alleviate the symptoms, but I still need the tablets.
Margaret Pilkington is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2005, 20:48   #11

I'm really glad I don't suffer with hayfever. Not me and not my child, we're lucky although I do feel for those who do
Steph is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..