Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 26-06-2005, 22:13   #1
white rabbits

richard whiteley

it has just been on the news that richard whiteley has died ,,,,
Old 26-06-2005, 22:44   #2
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: richard whiteley

shame he was entertaining,loved countdown, theres always a bright side though rather him than me.
Old 26-06-2005, 22:48   #3
God Member

Omg is that true grannyclaret??

Miracles do happen!!

slinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2005, 22:54   #4

A sad loss again to TV. His mix with Carol Vordeman was a delight. Sixty one is no age either. RIP
Old 26-06-2005, 23:05   #5
God Member

Just read it on teletext.............what a shame!! countdown will never be the same again.
it says that it will still be him presenting for a couple of weeks because it is pre-recorded, wonder who they will get in his place.
I have watched that programme since being very very young (mum was some what of a addict) it will be weird now not seeing him presenting it.

Miracles do happen!!

slinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2005, 23:14   #6
Member.

A very nice man, I’m sure that he will be sadly missed all round, a sad day for British television and Channel Four viewers.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2005, 00:23   #7
God Member

aaawww really sad to hear that news, I remember watching the first ever show and he will always be remembered as the first face of CH4. Rest in peace Richard xxxx

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2005, 07:22   #8
Resident Waffler

RIP Richard. Commisertions to his family and friends.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2005, 07:49   #9
God Member

I was only watching a rerun of Top Gear teh other night where Richard was the 'Star in a reasonably pricd car' He was good for the money and held the record as being the slowest by a significant margin round the test track. He seemed like a decent bloke, RIP.
entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2005, 08:53   #10
Senior Member+

Carol Vorderman was said to be absolutely devastated at his death.

Apparently he has been ill since May, as I think has been mentioned on here previously.

Countdown will never be the same again - in some ways it may be better if it was not to continue. For 23 years, the same 2 people have been at the front. I can't see Carol continuing for much longer, and then it will probably die a death. Best to leave it, imo

vorlon24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2005, 09:20   #11
white rabbits

it has seemed strange this last few weeks watching countdown..
you knew richard was ill in hospital ,yet there he was on tele looking as fit as a butchers dog ,the programes were recorded for about 6 weeks at once ,
we met him and cathryn his partner , on holiday a couple of years ago ..he realy was a nice guy ..
i too think the programme will go downhill without him
Old 27-06-2005, 11:26   #12

RIP Richard Whitely. It's always sad when someone who has been in your living room almost daily dies. My condolences to his family & friends.
Debbie J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2005, 13:11   #13
Beacon of light

I feel as if i have lost a dear friend. I have been a Countdown addict for as long as I can remember......it certainly won't be the same without him, but I think it should continue as it has lots of fans of all ages.

Rest in Peace Richard. Sincere condolences to him family.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2005, 15:11   #14

My old lass and myself have been countdown addicts for years.Terrific afternoon entertainment for young and old. Richard will be sadly missed,and I cant think of anybody who could replace him. I hope the show carries on in his memory. R.I.P.Richard.
T.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2005, 16:35   #15
Resident Waffler

It would be a shame if the program was ended. I think it should be continued in tribute to him.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..