Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 26-10-2007, 12:51   #16
God Member

Re: Dill hall lane buses

the ones that usually go up ferngore usually have pram access on them willow, i get that bus a lot when i go upto my sisters, and i usually have an extra kid or 3 in tow, have they changed it?
Old 26-10-2007, 16:29   #17
Resident Waffler

Yep, this week they've been buses with at least 3 steps at the door. Manky things they are too.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2007, 17:34   #18
God Member

looks like i'll be walking up ormerod street and willows lane with a pram in the future then
Old 26-10-2007, 17:38   #19
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashytart View Post
looks like i'll be walking up ormerod street and willows lane with a pram in the future then
Get your complaint in
Old 26-10-2007, 17:47   #20
God Member

well my bro-in-law is moving back up from Bournemouth in a few weeks(he transferred from transdev up here to transdev down there a few months back) so i'll ask him whats going on when he gets back
Old 26-10-2007, 22:57   #21

I suggest you address all your letters to Harry Brady C/o Accrington Transport and hand it in to any of the drivers on the Accrington Transport routes.As an employee of Accrington Transport I myself have handed in an extremely damning letter to my employers to be forwarded to Mr Brady.The reason for these substandard vehicles is all due to the new takeover.Our Depot manager has Mr Povey been on annual leave this week and I knew something would happen like this.I myself along with Alex,Dave and Mick have had to turn away passengers on these routes due to the incompetence of the new Transdev management.On wednesday not one single Accrington Transport bus serving Accrington was a low floor vehicle.Today a low floor vehicle returned on the Fern Gore route but it isn't the usual bus and is a horrible bus to drive and also a low floor bus was on the 60 route Clayton Circular which barely takes any passengers.
The only thing I can think that they me be planning is to close Accrington Transport down and offering it to Pilkingtons in exchange for them coming off the Accy to Blackburn routes.
I understand and appreciate all your concerns but it isn't the drivers faults so please be supportive and write letters of complaints and we will gladly hand them in.Alex on the Dill Hall route has handed in several and I personally have written my own complaint.

And please ignore my nickname that was years ago.
Old 26-10-2007, 23:27   #22
Resident Waffler

Good advice, I'll be writing one and will hand it to Mick or whoever is doing the Fern Gore route.

Old 27-10-2007, 14:41   #23
Senior Member+

noticed today that the low floor bus was back on the Pendleton Avenue route. I wonder if the people and the drivers have made their point all ready?

I will however still be sending my letter, as should everyone else.
sparkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2007, 14:45   #24
Resident Waffler

Low floor bus was back on Fern Gore route today. I wrote my letter last night but left it at home. I shall hand it in on Monday but maybe we have already got them back like you say. If so - job's a good 'un.

Old 27-10-2007, 18:53   #25
Senior Member+

i got 3 letters to hand in from people i know so i will giving them to the driver on monday, i know david and alex so i will giving them to one of them to see if this stupid thing about the high buses get sorted, now im gonna go and get a little more drunk lol
Yolanda25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2007, 19:09   #26

The low floor bus was on the Fern Gore route after 10am today due to a faulty speedo and I was also informed that the Low Floor buses will not be on the Dill Halls and Pendletons on Monday.
Old 27-10-2007, 20:01   #27
Senior Member+

well thats just great, i think is disgusting, what is my nana supossed to do, and me as a matter of fact, ring a taxi!??
Yolanda25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-2007, 00:26   #28

Well our depot manager who has been our boss since Accy Transport began in 2004 is back off a weeks leave on Monday and him not being present is why this has occurred due to Transdev bosses being present and taking advantage.
Transdev own alot of France the whole of Holland part of London,Nottingham,Bournmouth,Burnley and pendle,Yorkshire.etc etc.Multi billion company with millions of money spare to spend for tax purposes but they can't buy decent buses.
Oh and by the way as of Monday morning the fares are increasing.
Who bares the brunt of most of this...the drivers and I can guarantee every Accrington Transport driver is sick of the way we have been treated since the Transdev takeover.Transdev assigned Harry Brady from Lancashire Unite to oversee operations at our depot and assured us that there would be no changes.All Accrington Transport routes to and around the Clitheroe area were soon transferred to Blackburn transport.All our routes in Bolton are terminating around Christmas which is where most of the low floor buses have been sent to as well as the Clitheroe low floor buses going to Blackburn which leaves Accrington Transport serving its home town with a shower of sh*te.
Basically Transdev don't give a damn about Accrington or Accrington Transport its all a big tax fiddle and 20 bus drivers versus a multi billion pound company won't make any difference.Youe need to write letters of complaint.This is a copy of mine.
C/o Accrington Transport

25th October 2007
Dear Mr Povey / Mr Nicholls

I wish to make a complaint about the quality of buses that have been serving Accrington recently and the reasons for the poor quality of management since the company takeover.
I have been an employee of this company since it first commenced on the 24th July 2004.The company started off with only a small quantity of buses which were adequate at the time but not suitable for long term purposes providing quality transport on the town network. This point was raised at the time by drivers who wished to provide a quality service for the people of Accrington and surrounding areas. These drivers were promised that in good time quality low floor buses would be provided to the drivers with clear route destinations and with the correct colours signifying the buses as belonging to Accrington Transport. Also a statement similar to this was released in a local newspaper. In good time this promise came to fruition and drivers set about their daily work with the same bus on the same route basis, apart from unfortunate instances i.e. breakdowns, accidents. When introduced new buses were a great success both with the drivers and the public. The drivers were pleased to have a reliable bus that they could use to undertake their daily work, a bus that they knew the capability of which is akin to one becoming accustomed to their own car. The passengers were delighted to have a low floor bus serving them on a daily basis which was clearly marked both in colours and destination and also with a recognisable driver.
Unfortunately in recent days this quality service has deteriorated at a rapid rate and on 24th October 2007 not one low floor bus was seen serving the local Accrington area apart from 51 bus which was brought into town to cover the Laneside/ Barnfield route due to a breakdown. On the local town services I received several complaints from elderly passengers who struggled to board and alight the vehicle. I was also made aware from another driver of a young lady with a double pram who was unable to board a vehicle due to the steps and also the bar blocking access which resulted in her being left stranded and in floods of tears. I also received many complaints from people who were unsure of the destination of the bus due to the lack of a destination blind.
Due to these inferior buses being introduced on the Accrington network I feel it is only a matter of time before an accident occurs. A majority of our regular passengers are elderly and rely on our bus service to access town and local amenities, they don’t like change and become familiar with the driver and also the vehicle they are boarding and alighting. I personally have seen elderly passengers falling because there are steps on a bus that they are not accustomed to and also trying to climb steps that are no longer there because it is a different bus they are trying to board causing them to fall forwards.
I feel this decision to introduce these buses is an insult to our passengers and also to our drivers who try their best to provide Accrington with the quality of bus service that it deserves but find their own company fighting against them. The policy of same driver/ same route / same bus has proved a great success in Accrington and I hope this policy will return and continue for many years with decent quality low floor buses that the public want and also deserve.
I appreciate that due to the unfortunate takeover of this company that your hands might be tied on this matter so I would be happy if you would forward this letter of complaint to the Managing Director and/or the person(s) making these poor management decisions.

Yours sincerely

Mr **********

As simple as that.Best Wishes.
Old 28-10-2007, 00:33   #29
Resident Waffler

Well my letter to Mr. Brady is typed and ready to hand over on Monday morning when I go into town. We are being treated appallingly here and to put the prices up whilst providing inferior buses is adding insult to injury.

Old 15-11-2007, 13:23   #30
Resident Waffler

I did hand my letter over but felt a bit of a chump because the day I handed it to the driver he was driving a low floor bus.

In fact we've had the low floor buses ever since on the Fern Gore run.

Can you tell us what happened Pilky? Did they change their minds and send the old ones back?

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..