Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-11-2007, 15:39   #1
God Member

The Cheek Of Some People!!

Just been to Asda and as I was waiting for my taxi a woman came over and asked if I had a fiver to spare. Now I'm not averse to helping people if I can but thought she had a bit of cheek asking for a fiver. It was also a bit worrying as Asda was closing and there weren't many people about. Just watch yourselves when going shopping as you can never be to careful with people like this hanging about!!
Old 11-11-2007, 15:52   #2
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: The Cheek Of Some People!!

ya should have said Yeh, can you change a £50, bernie.
Old 11-11-2007, 15:57   #3
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
ya should have said Yeh, can you change a £50, bernie.
And when would I have a fifty on me? She would probably have mugged me if I'd said that
Old 11-11-2007, 15:58   #4
God Member

i'd of said lend me a tenner and i'll give you a fiver, cheeky get
Old 11-11-2007, 16:02   #5
God Member

Similar thing happened to me in town last week on my way home from work. A young lad of about 12 or 13 stopped me & asked if I would lend him a pound for his bus fare home - bit cheeky as he was stuffing his face with a pastie from Gregg's at the time so he'd obviously spent his fare on that.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 16:06   #6
Resident Waffler

I can't stand aggressive beggars.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 16:06   #7
God Member

I was annoyed once because a woman stopped me on the way to work last november and gave me this long story about needing money for the bus to somewhere a bit far away (think it may have been leyland or chorley) and I felt like I should try giving her a bit of change, so I did, and the week later I walked past and the very same woman was spinning the same story to someone else. She saw me walking by and didnt look the least bit embarrassed, so I just raised my eyebrows at her. Cheeky cow.
blazey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 16:10   #8
God Member

Who are these vile people? They are so cheeky, they really get my goat. I hope I don't run into any of them. I'll tell them where to get off and I'll probably get my throat slit for it.

Did you give her a fiver, Bernadette?
Old 11-11-2007, 16:15   #9
God Member

Quote:
LillyDid you give her a fiver, Bernadette?
I mose certainly did not!! As I say I have "lent" people cigarettes or maybe even a pound in the past but as for handing over a fiver they have no chance!!!
Old 11-11-2007, 16:15   #10
Resting in Peace

[QUOTE=Lilly;49217
Did you give her a fiver, Bernadette?[/QUOTE]

I'm pre-empting the answer . think she may have picked on the wrong person here ...
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 16:16   #11
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex View Post
I'm pre-empting the answer . think she may have picked on the wrong person here ...
Well, didn't quite get the chance to 'pre-empt' .. but was spot on ...
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 17:44   #12
God Member

Been thinking some more about this and feel I should bring it to the attention of the staff. As I said earlier someone a bit more vunerable may feel threatened by this sort of thing. Will phone them tomorrow just let them know.
Old 11-11-2007, 18:08   #13
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

I was walking to work one time early in the morning, and a 'traveller' pulled into the side of the road, pressed the button on the electric window thingy for the passenger side, leaned over and said, "Hey mister give us a pound so I can get my child some breakfast cereal", It was said as if she was desperate, my reply was, "I have just got up to go to work, I have exactly one pound on me for my lunch and you want me to give it to you for this child that is sat next to you with chocolate smears all around his mouth?" My next set of words cannot be repeated on a family site, though the child seemed to recognise every one of them.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 19:14   #14
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
I was walking to work one time early in the morning, and a 'traveller' pulled into the side of the road, pressed the button on the electric window thingy for the passenger side, leaned over and said, "Hey mister give us a pound so I can get my child some breakfast cereal", It was said as if she was desperate, my reply was, "I have just got up to go to work, I have exactly one pound on me for my lunch and you want me to give it to you for this child that is sat next to you with chocolate smears all around his mouth?" My next set of words cannot be repeated on a family site, though the child seemed to recognise every one of them.
Very cheeky but that chocolate couldve been days old
blazey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 20:38   #15
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BERNADETTE View Post
I mose certainly did not!! As I say I have "lent" people cigarettes or maybe even a pound in the past but as for handing over a fiver they have no chance!!!
Glad to hear it. Good on you.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..