Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-11-2007, 21:26   #16

Re: The Cheek Of Some People!!

lol the cheek
Old 11-11-2007, 21:39   #17

they should be moved on if they are hanging a bout just tell the staff in side of the store.
mallard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 21:44   #18
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mallard View Post
they should be moved on if they are hanging a bout just tell the staff in side of the store.
I am going to ring up in the morning, the store was closing when it happened. So as an extra measure I will ring up and report it.
Old 11-11-2007, 22:03   #19
Resting in Peace

same thing happened to me ( but in Ossy ) woman asked me for a fiver... I told her sorry I could not help, when I got home I found my purse had gone...

this was last year: next time anyone asks me for money I will tell them to something off:
magpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 22:08   #20
God Member

The bloody cheek on some people

Miracles do happen!!

slinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 22:16   #21
Senior Member+

i can remember when we only got asked for 10p for the phone, its gone up to £5 now, you should have been cheeky and asked what they want it for, thats nearly an hours wage,
jackyalex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 22:54   #22
Full Member+

If you're ever visiting Blackburn in the car and park on the car parks there look out for this scam. A lad (in his twenties at a guess) approached me and asked if I could spare " a couple of quid" so he could buy some petrol for his car which had supposedly run dry !! After politely declining his request by saying I couldn't help him, I sat in the car for about half an hour (whilst waiting for my mother to return) and watched the guy succesfully obtain cash from five different people.

Imagine my surprise when a couple of days later,when parked on the same rooftop car park the same guy approached me again,recognised me from our earlier encounter then obviously thought better of asking me.Now he's either a complete fool who's always running out of petrol in the same places or..........just another scamming beggar.I'll let you all draw your own conclusions!!!

Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill.

Last edited by carpon; 11-11-2007 at 22:55. Reason: Dodgy spelling!!
carpon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 23:45   #23

I’ve declined from posting in this thread, as for me it’s fairly emotive. I would however like to add this. I know there are folk who just “try it on” just another way of making a fast buck., we’ve all probably been conned at some point or other by such scoundrels.

However, not all who beg can be classified as “scum”

Some beg because of an illness, addiction. Be it drugs, alcohol…whatever. When the money tap at home gets turned off they will do as they need to feed the addiction.

I’m not saying give these people money, just asking you to spare a thought, they may well have a loving family behind them, attempting to support them whilst attempting to keep the rest of the family together.

Scum isn’t applicable across the board.
Old 11-11-2007, 23:49   #24
Resting in peace

I usually pull my large roll of 50s out take the rubber bands off, and give it to the cheeky beggar to attach the sole of his shoe to the upper.
Ianto.W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 23:50   #25
God Member

Bonnyboy I too have had experience of drugs very close to home (not saying you were referring to drugs) and hope and pray that having to beg didn't come into the equation. I just found the experience a little disconcerting to say the least. Hope you don't think badly of any of us we may only see the world through our eyes at times.
Old 11-11-2007, 23:58   #26
God Member

Begging never used to be a problem ------ until children were taught it was acceptable------- by the introduction of 'trick or treat'

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 00:00   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by BERNADETTE View Post
Bonnyboy I too have had experience of drugs very close to home (not saying you were referring to drugs) and hope and pray that having to beg didn't come into the equation. I just found the experience a little disconcerting to say the least. Hope you don't think badly of any of us we may only see the world through our eyes at times.
Luckily the "drug demon" has not been at my door. The begging bit has been, although I did not become aware of it 'til some time after the event. I honestly can see how such events as you initially described can be disconcerting. Have a word with Asda, I would
Old 12-11-2007, 00:04   #28
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnyboy View Post
Luckily the "drug demon" has not been at my door. The begging bit has been, although I did not become aware of it 'til some time after the event. I honestly can see how such events as you initially described can be disconcerting. Have a word with Asda, I would
I intend to ring them in the morning
Old 12-11-2007, 00:06   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by BERNADETTE View Post
I intend to ring them in the morning
Good lass, hope you get more response than I did wi me cheese
Old 12-11-2007, 00:07   #30
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnyboy View Post
Good lass, hope you get more response than I did wi me cheese
That bad?

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..