Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-11-2005, 12:17   #31
Resting in peace

Re: Dinner time shoppers ... grrrrrh

I do understand what you mean. I have to shop in Oxford Street sometimes, at lunchtime, because it is not always convenient for me to shop on the way home (sometimes I don't get out of work until gone 7, and that's without a break). It is a busy time, because other full-time workers are on the same game, getting lunch or food for the evening meal. It does puzzle me that people who have all the time in the world choose to shop at that time. It is annoying when you have several obviously retired people queuing to buy a bunch of flowers and two cream cakes, at the busiest time. I don't think that is particularly intolerant, I don't dispute their right to do it, but I do think that they might have a bit of thought for those of us who have no choice.

By the way, I haven't come across very many dear old ladies in Marks, Marble Arch Branch, who show much in the way of tolerance! Their attitude seems to be "I want it and I want it NOW!!"
pendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 08-11-2005, 14:49   #32
God Member

Re: Dinner time shoppers ... grrrrrh

Pendy we got it easy in comparison I think. Only ever tried Oxford Street once and never again.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..