Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16-11-2007, 17:01   #16
Resting in Peace

Re: disabled man attacked!!!!!!!!!

is there a way members of Accy Web could get some money to this man... I would be willing to donate... if nothing else we could buy a new mp3 and show him that everyone are not total ( you know what I mean )
magpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 16-11-2007, 17:13   #17
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by magpie View Post
is there a way members of Accy Web could get some money to this man... I would be willing to donate... if nothing else we could buy a new mp3 and show him that everyone are not total ( you know what I mean )
AWWWW that is a lovely idea Magpie

Miracles do happen!!

slinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2007, 17:22   #18
Resting in Peace

If someone is willing to sort it... I will give the first twenty quid: this is an issue that is very close to my heart.... I don't have time to sort it, due to illness in my family... please could someone do this: that poor young man will be so scared to go out now and he's got enough to cope with... thank you:
Old 17-11-2007, 23:25   #19
God Member

Robbers Pounce On Disabled Man (from Lancashire Telegraph)

Read some of the comments ............... God that as just really really pi55ed me off, god some people need a right good bullet in the head! After all if this was a un-controllable dog! it would be at the vets now with a shot in the arse!!

BUT .... on a brighter note, there is a lovely person that is willing to donate his own ipod style MP3!!

I thought the Telegraph scanned and deleted nasty posts??

Miracles do happen!!

Old 17-11-2007, 23:33   #20
God Member

Personally I think some of the people writing the e-mails need to go for their heads examining!! What cruel and hurtful comments to make.
Old 17-11-2007, 23:35   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by slinky View Post
Robbers Pounce On Disabled Man (from Lancashire Telegraph)

Read some of the comments ............... God that as just really really pi55ed me off, god some people need a right good bullet in the head! After all if this was a un-controllable dog! it would be at the vets now with a shot in the arse!!

BUT .... on a brighter note, there is a lovely person that is willing to donate his own ipod style MP3!!

I thought the Telegraph scanned and deleted nasty posts??
What an utterly ignorant person that Joan Harris is...have to say that I doubt it is a valid user. Just a cretin who has nowt better to do on a Saturday night.
Old 17-11-2007, 23:37   #22
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnyboy View Post
What an utterly ignorant person that Joan Harris is...have to say that I doubt it is a valid user. Just a cretin who has nowt better to do on a Saturday night.
I could think of something for IT to go and do on a saturday night!!

Miracles do happen!!

Old 17-11-2007, 23:39   #23
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnyboy View Post
Think yer bang on with that BB, some really sad mingers about n that sounds like one to me.
Old 17-11-2007, 23:44   #24

Whatever Joan Harris is, it's a prime candidate for being one of the attackers in the group...cud be wrong tho

Last edited by Bonnyboy; 17-11-2007 at 23:44. Reason: I made a small "h" into a big one
Bonnyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2007, 09:32   #25
Resting in Peace

I am totally discussed with the Lancashire Evening Telegraph: so much so I will never buy or support in anyway the paper again...
I have contacted them about the offensive posts... and they have not even got back in touch with me... nor have they removed the comments made by or rather allegedly Ms Joan Harris:
If they are going to have open forums, then they need to man them or approve all posts...
I have been in touch with the man's family and I will make sure he gets a little something...
At times the world and some of the people in it make me want to ( well I will keep it clean this being a family forum)
that said I am sure you will get my drift:
Old 19-11-2007, 11:54   #26
God Member

Looks like the Blackburn Telegraph has got it's act together and removed any bad comments.
Old 19-11-2007, 15:17   #27
Resting in Peace

I see thanks Dave: they also took off my post where by I had a go at the telegraph: ( wonder why that was NOT )

not my fave paper right now: it should not have happened in the first place:

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..