Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28-09-2005, 19:29   #1
God Member

Distasteful ad?

I've been hearing this for a while now even when Katrina was at its worst. Its a DHL ad where a 'joker' rings up asking if they can deliver cat lilo's to Seattle. Considering all the people and animals that died in New Orleans and the surrounding area is it only me that links them adn finds it in poor taste?
entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 28-09-2005, 19:42   #2
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Re: Distasteful ad?

There will always be someone who think some ad or another is distasteful. You can't please everyone all of the time. If I was a religious type I might find the Philly ad's with the angels offensive. If a recent family member had died I might find the seat belt ad showing the dead women unsetting
Neil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2005, 19:57   #3
God Member

I have never compared the two Ian, I suppose it is a fine line though.
grego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2005, 20:44   #4
God Member

I havent seen this ad yet from the discription I am lost as to how it can be distasteful. If it was that bad the govening bodies for adverts would not have allowed it.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2005, 21:03   #5
I am Banned

compared to all the txt jokes going around at the moment i would say that was pretty tame but then again i dont know where seatle is so i cant make the link
chav1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2005, 21:37   #6
God Member

Chav its in Washington State the bit that hits canada.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2005, 22:38   #7
Give, give, give member

Haven't seen this advertisment but saw Jerry Hall being interviewed about an ad she was in being banned from the London underground today. It featured her leading a pack of naked men on dog leads, and was deemed offensive to men apparently.

Total double standards. Eva Herigova's 'Hello Boys' advert for Wonderbra, did receive a few complaints but wasn't banned. Knockers [of advertisments] do still hold the power.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2005, 05:10   #8
God Member

Its a radio ad and teh link I felt was that at a time when americans were pulling dead bodies out of teh waters in New Orleans this ad was joking that all teh cats would die if DHL didn't deliver on time. I'm not upset or anything with it I just thought it wasn't well thought out considering teh current events.
entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2005, 09:37   #9
Filthy / Gorgeous

Bejeweled Blitz Champion!

I heard this ad on the radio way before hurricaine Katrina had manifested. It may be a bit tasteless due to the events which followed but the advertisers could not have known what was to come. I have heard it a lot less since the hurricaine...

The views expressed here are my own and not necessarily those of my family, friends, employer, this site, my neighbours, hairdresser, dentist, GP, next door's dog or anyone else who knows me..
lettie is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..