Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-09-2005, 18:12   #1
I am Banned

Kids Gripe

Whats your gripe about kids?

Mine is my blaming son & sky remotes he's obsessed with carrying one everywhere so that no one else can turn tv over!!! He even got to the point of taking someone elses sky remote the other day too he's that obsessed, & now he's gone the shop - - with my sky remote grrrrrrrf
accymel is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 23-09-2005, 18:15   #2

Re: Kids Gripe

i hate it when they come int shop where i work..and all i hear is "how much is this"
over and over....when they finally pick something turns out they have about 20p!!!!! if they pick up that giant bar of choc again and ask me how much ill strangle the little monkey!!!
Old 23-09-2005, 18:20   #3
God Member

The mess they make outside the local shop and chippy at lunchtimes. Plenty of bins but its beyond them what a bin is for. Maybe if it dished out free fags and booze when used the place would be clean.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2005, 18:20   #4
God Member

It frustrates me when mine comes to me and asks me to put a plait in her dolls hair. I do it, then five minutes later she comes back after having taken the plait out and asks me to do it again.

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2005, 20:04   #5
I am Banned

Oh the can i have every 5 mins or less, & no is not an answer to them but is from them to u.

By the way sky remote returned - phew! Had visions of that being left at shop lol.
Old 23-09-2005, 20:26   #6
God Member

My nephews and my computer. Ones 16 and the others 13. They come and visit my mum and one will go out playing football in the back garden and the other will boot up the computer. He'll start playing a game on the computer and then when hes bored he'll put the net on (by the way this is the 16 yr old) and as he's 16 you can tell what he's interested in! I caught him one day made him pick all the rubbish up in the garden as punishment and grassed him up to his mum! Aint i cruel? Then when hes finished he'll turn computer off and go outside to play footie with his brother his brother then decides he wants a go on the computer and comes in and puts computer on and plays games but he doesnt go on the net.
By the way i've put parental controls now on the name he uses to get on the net but ive noticed he gets round it somehow but i cant put the controls any lower because everybody else uses that name.
shillelagh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2005, 20:34   #7
I am Banned

when the little blighters come into where i work and there is a price tag on everything yet they still have to ask how much, also as its a video store they have to pick up every single dvd case and put it down untidy and then they decide to knock them all of the shelf, it is funny as when they do it there bottom lip starts to quiver and tears well up, im there laughing at them and the parents are stood there trying to put the dvds in order shouting there heads off at the kid.

The other day a man came in with his young child who must have been about three and took him out of his pram and said to the child now dont run around?? why take the child out of the pram??, then the child saw the sweets and went straight for them as you can imagine one packet wasnt enough and so the kid managed to open four bags, his dad wasnt best pleased when he had to pay for them.
baby boo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2005, 22:12   #8
Accy Goddess

With me it's the but why after you have answered a question for them.
Could strangle em.
ANNE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2005, 22:25   #9
I am Banned

Yeh i get the why? all the time & the constant begging for me to change my answer & even bribery lol
Old 24-09-2005, 07:06   #10

Kids who don't say please and thank you. Mine have been brought up that if they don't say please they don't get and if they don't say thank you for whatever they have been given it is taken away. I just wish other kids were brought up the same way!
Debbie J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2005, 08:21   #11
mez
God Member

iv'e got to agree with you there debbie, its nice to see a child with manners.
Old 27-09-2005, 17:16   #12
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debbie J
Kids who don't say please and thank you. Mine have been brought up that if they don't say please they don't get and if they don't say thank you for whatever they have been given it is taken away. I just wish other kids were brought up the same way!

I totally agree Debbie and IMO there's no excuse for children not to have good manners. If the parents are in the habit of using good manners themselves it can be taught to children at a very young age, my children learned the words 'please' and 'ta' very quickly! If I'm giving an item to someone elses child were I expect a thankyou, I will keep hold of the item and say "what do you say?" until I get the desired response

My gripe is back chat grrrr it gets right on my nerves when they have an answer for everything.
Old 28-09-2005, 12:23   #13
God Member

Even well mannered kids can have an answer for everything. They seem to be a lot wiser or maybe braver than we were when their age.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2005, 14:30   #14
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbelle
If I'm giving an item to someone elses child were I expect a thankyou, I will keep hold of the item and say "what do you say?" until I get the desired response
I don't say anything - I just don't release it until I get a 'thank you'. Kids know exactly what they should say - they just try their luck sometimes

vorlon24 is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..