Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-09-2005, 22:42   #1
white rabbits

Good old Shelley

well good old Shelley gave Charlie Stubbs the boot tonight in corrie,,that man has got up my nose for weeks....
now i hope she gets it together with zack.....oohhh that sexy voice
Old 22-09-2005, 07:13   #2

Re: Good old Shelley

I totally agree Granny noe lets have the old Shelly back instead of that snivelling wimp that he turned her into.
fireman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2005, 08:01   #3
Give, give, give member

Interesting fact for Corrie fans-

Shelley is played by Sally Lindsay, who was the girlfriend of Geoffrey Hughes in the Royale Family, who played Eddie Yates in the Street in the 70's/80's. She's also best friend with Peter Kay, who she persuaded to make a guest appearance in The Rovers earlier in the year.

[The actor who plays Zack was the idol of David Brent in The Office as well.]

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2005, 10:08   #4
white rabbits

never watched the office,,,
i hope sally gets peter kaye to do another stint on corrie...that was a good story,,, meanie boy friend....
Old 22-09-2005, 12:13   #5
Senior Member+

Like you granny it really made my night to see Charlie get ditched. Good riddance to bad rubbish.Never could stand Charlie.
Old 22-09-2005, 12:20   #6

its not real ya know, whatch the news instead lol
dazzalam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2005, 12:21   #7
God Member

Everytime I saw his face on telly......I wanted to smash it in.
He must play a good part, because it's one of those, if you saw him in the street, you would give him a slap not being able to see past his character.

Wonder how many little old dears have slapped him while he has been walking down the street??

Miracles do happen!!

slinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2005, 12:24   #8
I am Banned

ERM very realistic altho i wish i'd done one at the alter like Shelly, my x hub is a mix of grant & phil Mitchel, charlie & very much like Trevor from eastenders least i know where that actor got his character from.
accymel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2005, 12:26   #9
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzalam
its not real ya know, whatch the news instead lol
Actually its based on real life situ's & thanx to soaps highlighting this sensitive subject sufffers can get help & society can be made aware its not acceptable!
accymel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2005, 12:29   #10
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda
The actor who plays Zack was the idol of David Brent in The Office as well.

He was also in Playing The Field ....... I used to love that programme

I'm not a big fan of Corrie but I did watch to see if she did or didn't go throught with it and 'good on you Shell' were my sentiments too! Is that the last we see of Charlie now, has he left the programme?
Old 22-09-2005, 12:33   #11
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by accystanmac
Actually its based on real life situ's & thanx to soaps highlighting this sensitive subject sufffers can get help & society can be made aware its not acceptable!
I really don't understand why, in this day and age woman stay in abusive relationships.
A lot of woman say " Oh I stayed for the children". Do these woman realise how devastating it is for children to watch this day in day out. Speaking from experience, I would have rather had a slit family, than live everyday in fear!!!!!!.
So no staying for the kids, is a BAD option.

Miracles do happen!!

slinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2005, 12:38   #12

Based on real life?, can you be serious how many murders have been on that street alone?, its still cobbled? everyone goes to the pub at dinnertime, especially factory workers and they dont even have to hide from the boss cos he is in there as well, and as for the bed hopping, also how real will it be when guaranteed shelly will be back to normal in about 5 episodes and it will all be forgot about until they need the ratings and the story will be back and before you ask i am made to suffer it when i am in the same room as the wife watches this drivel, when i get the remote The History Channel or footie goes on, but Im a coward and she wind 9 out of 10 lol
dazzalam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2005, 21:08   #13
white rabbits

Quote:
also how real will it be when guaranteed shelly will be back to normal in about 5 episodes and it will all be forgot about until they need the ratings and the story will be back and before you ask i am made to suffer it when i am in the same room as the wife watches this drivel, when i get the remote The History Channel or footie goes on, but Im a coward and she wind 9 out of 10 lol

oohhh..ITS REAL LIFE ESCAPEISM,,,,,,get a pair of headphones and watch another tele,,,thats what i do when football ,history ,discovery,sports and sciencefiction etc come on

and by the way just going off the subject,,,,EMERDALE was superb tonight ,,,well done zoe...
Old 22-09-2005, 21:14   #14
I am Banned

Quote:
Based on real life?, can you be serious how many murders have been on that street alone?, its still cobbled? everyone goes to the pub at dinnertime, especially factory workers and they dont even have to hide from the boss cos he is in there as well, and as for the bed hopping, also how real will it be when guaranteed shelly will be back to normal in about 5 episodes and it will all be forgot about until they need the ratings and the story will be back and before you ask i am made to suffer it when i am in the same room as the wife watches this drivel, when i get the remote The History Channel or footie goes on, but Im a coward and she wind 9 out of 10 lol
outside of my house is cobbled and factory workers come in the pub for a drink and threres also plenty of bed hopping around where i live so you could say it is real life. oh and there has been a murder aswell! so lol
baby boo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2005, 21:37   #15
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Awwwwwwww you're in an abusive relationship, except your wife is Charlie and you are Shelly. Stand up for yourself, or call Zack.

Funny how people who claim to detest soaps always know what's going on. Corrie is as realistic as Dickens was to Victorian society, it's a microcosm.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..