Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-11-2007, 12:47   #1
God Member

Do People Like Dying ?

Apparently over 400 residents refused permission for carbon monoxide checks by Hyndburn Homes. Are people really so daft ?

Tenants Face Warrants Over Vital Gas Checks (from Lancashire Telegraph)
Old 21-11-2007, 12:52   #2
Senior Member+

Re: Do People Like Dying ?

idiots!!!!!!!!!!!!

I finally found someone daft enough to marry me, my wonderboy is 11, my monkeygirl is 3 and my bananaman is 2, my beautiful little flower was born in feb 2012
emamum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2007, 14:05   #3
God Member

It not really a question of whether people like dying but rather that people are fed up with the incompetence of Hyndburn Homes, which, like its predecessor appears to be unable to keep accurate records. From my own dealings with HBC as my landlord I can remember receiving regular threats to force entry to my home to enable them to service a gas appliance they removed years previously. Despite a flood of irate phone calls and letters insisting that they amend their records, they never did. Personally I would take this with a pinch of salt. Hyndburn Homes, like HBC, clearly do not know their a*se from their elbow.
Old 21-11-2007, 14:09   #4
God Member

I really don't think people are that stupid. Another way of sorting things out would be to fit carbon monoxide detectors.
Old 21-11-2007, 14:27   #5
God Member

I bought a carbon monoxide detector when I became a tenant 5 yrs ago.
I had annual inspections of the old system.
When a new condenser boiler was installed last Spring, I was told that my detector was unneccessary because this new boiler would automatically shut down if carbon monoxide was present

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2007, 14:29   #6
Senior Member+

always best to have a back-up though, just in case..

I finally found someone daft enough to marry me, my wonderboy is 11, my monkeygirl is 3 and my bananaman is 2, my beautiful little flower was born in feb 2012
Old 21-11-2007, 14:32   #7
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by emamum23 View Post
always best to have a back-up though, just in case..
Since it cost over £20 - I still use it

Old 21-11-2007, 14:38   #8
Senior Member+

is it one of those like a smoke alarm? i had one of those that changes colour, when they get old they change colour any way... i sh*t my self!

Old 21-11-2007, 14:43   #9
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by emamum23 View Post
is it one of those like a smoke alarm? i had one of those that changes colour, when they get old they change colour any way... i sh*t my self!
It is a Fire Angel brand
Carbon Monoxide Alarms
and looks like this one
Attached Images
File Type: jpg co828.jpg (3.6 KB, 3 views)

Old 21-11-2007, 15:52   #10
God Member

I bet HBC didn't even try to gain access to these houses because of " Staff shortages " and now they are bricking it so they say " oh we tried, but they never answer the door "

I have never met such an incompetent bunch of cow boys in all my life. And further more, the contractors that are " doing the houses up " are just as bloody bad IMO

6 weeks they told my mum it would take ..... it's nearly 12 weeks now and still on going

Miracles do happen!!

slinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2007, 19:00   #11
Resting in Peace

maybe they are the bad tennets... ie their homes are a tip and so on... so they would not want to let the workers in:
can see no other reason why they would not want a saftey check:
magpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2007, 19:06   #12
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by magpie View Post
maybe they are the bad tennets... ie their homes are a tip and so on... so they would not want to let the workers in:
can see no other reason why they would not want a saftey check:
In my experience the bad tenants are the ones with no shame. When I was a kid we were having new windows fitted in our council house and our neighbours house was that bad the workers refused to go in. The tenants weren't bothered who saw the house in that state!!
Old 21-11-2007, 21:17   #13
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
Apparently over 400 residents refused permission for carbon monoxide checks by Hyndburn Homes. Are people really so daft ?

Tenants Face Warrants Over Vital Gas Checks (from Lancashire Telegraph)
This is something of a wander, and an attempt to answer "Are people really so daft?" Canadian Pacific Rail has been putting signs at the rail crossings, warning motorists: the signs read "Warning: It is dangerous to stop on the tracks." Are people really so daft? I guess so.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2007, 22:31   #14
God Member

The whole issue of access for gas servicing is a nightmare!!!!!!!!!!!! Crikey we have major issues with it at Twin Valley Homes and it's not all the tenants faults either

As for needing access to properties that may no longer have gas appliances inside, they still need to access to make sure that the gas piping (that will still be run to the house even if not used) is still safe

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2007, 22:34   #15
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BERNADETTE View Post
In my experience the bad tenants are the ones with no shame. When I was a kid we were having new windows fitted in our council house and our neighbours house was that bad the workers refused to go in. The tenants weren't bothered who saw the house in that state!!
Hmm been in a few of them recently!!!!! You know the kind that you wipe your feet on the way out

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..