Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-11-2007, 13:27   #1
Senior Member+

Exclamation idiot parents!

why do people seem to think that car seats are a restraint for children? every day i see parents that are not using them properly, some are not even strapped in with the seat belt, some are not fitted correctly and some children dont have them at all.

The new law has come in that says that all children have to be in a child seat, does that not mean that they have to be used properly? can the police stop people if there seat is fitted wrong?
this morning i saw a new(ish) baby, about 4 month old in a car seat that should have been fitted facing backwards, but wasnt, being fed a bottle by a toddler who was stood in front of the baby (obviously not straped in) this was outside the police station and the car was waiting to turn onto the main road.... what would have happened if the car had crashed? i have never been so much in a rush that i would put my child in danger!!!

Has any one else noticed this 2?
sorry if i am ranting but it is really peeing me off!!

I finally found someone daft enough to marry me, my wonderboy is 11, my monkeygirl is 3 and my bananaman is 2, my beautiful little flower was born in feb 2012
emamum is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 21-11-2007, 13:36   #2
God Member

Re: idiot parents!

Great question! I see a lot of this because my work takes me all around accrington every day, I have to say that the worst offenders seem to be of ethnic origin, but yes, I am fed up with seeing children standing up or just being 'free' in cars, and at school times, frequently, the mother will be drinking or eating too. In Blackpool at illumination time, you see kids standing on seats, hanging out of the sunroof, just the smallest bump from behind could break a childs back in this situation. Mind boggling!
derekgas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2007, 13:47   #3
Senior Member+

personally, i couldnt care less if the adullts dont wear a seat belt.. if they have a crash, its their own stupid fault.. children dont know better and if their stupid parents dont care enough to strap them in, why should they suffer.. imo this is a child protection issue as the parents are endangering their child...

I finally found someone daft enough to marry me, my wonderboy is 11, my monkeygirl is 3 and my bananaman is 2, my beautiful little flower was born in feb 2012
Old 21-11-2007, 14:12   #4
God Member

I see a lot of this outside little en's school and my other little en's nursery. Who are they gonna blame when somet does go wrong? God forbidding it doesn't for any of the kiddies sake. As someone said, the kids don't know any different and it's not fair!
AccyLass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2007, 14:12   #5
God Member

See it all the time and it annoys me as well. Once again we have a law that isn't being enforced. If we see it so much do the police just ignore it?
Old 21-11-2007, 15:29   #6
Passed away 25-11-09

Last Saturday I drove behind a Ford Fiesta with 6 children in the back. Four of them were on the back seat, 2 of these were half hanging out of the windows, and 2 more were in the boot with the parcel shelf removed. This was in the centre of Warrington in very busy traffic and only 100 yards from the police station.
Old 21-11-2007, 15:38   #7
Senior Member+

the stupidity of some people is amazing.......
i have also seen a car with 2 adults in the front and a 2/3 year old in the back holding a newborn baby!!
the law should be that babies cannot be taken home from the hospital without a correctly fitted car seat and parents should be trained to fit their car seats, when they buy them so that the idiots dont put them back in wrong!!!

Old 21-11-2007, 15:44   #8
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by emamum23 View Post
the stupidity of some people is amazing.......
i have also seen a car with 2 adults in the front and a 2/3 year old in the back holding a newborn baby!!
the law should be that babies cannot be taken home from the hospital without a correctly fitted car seat and parents should be trained to fit their car seats, when they buy them so that the idiots dont put them back in wrong!!!
I was always under the impression that mother and baby were not allowed to leave the hospital without baby being in a carrycot/car seat

maybe Lettie can say if this is right or not? But that is the impression I got when I had mine.

Miracles do happen!!

slinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2007, 15:45   #9
Senior Member+

maybe its not enforced.. i hav seen nw paretns getting taxi's home and carrying the baby on their knee

Old 21-11-2007, 16:01   #10
God Member

When I had mine you weren't allowed to carry your baby out of the hospital a nurse had to do that. Don't know how it works now.
Old 21-11-2007, 16:05   #11
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BERNADETTE View Post
When I had mine you weren't allowed to carry your baby out of the hospital a nurse had to do that. Don't know how it works now.
Yes a nurse carried both mine out too!! and that was only nearly 11 and 9 years ago.

I don't think you are allowed to go home on the bus with your new baby either.

Miracles do happen!!

slinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2007, 16:07   #12
Senior Member+

my mate went home on the bus with her new baby and i walked out of the hospital with mine....

Old 21-11-2007, 16:14   #13
Passed away 25-11-09

My granddaughter goes to ballet and modern jazz classes, on Saturdays, with 2 other girls from our street. The mums take it in turns to take the 3 of them and bring them home. We have 2 booster seats and so does Sophie's mum so they lend them to each other as needed because the Law says so. Anna's mum, very often, doesn't bother. Anna's dad is a policeman.
Old 21-11-2007, 16:36   #14

When my girlfriend had our little lad we were allowed to carry him out, but the nurse did ask if we had a car seat (which we did). We always use the car seat, dont use it very much though as we tend to walk to most places. We have always been very strict on making sure the car seat is fitted properly, one taxi driver started telling me to hurry up fitting it so i simply took it out of the car shut the door and told him that i wont put my child in danger and if he expects me to rush while putting a piece of protective equipment into his car that could save my sons life in the event of an accident then im not willing to get in a car with him. Then he started asking me for money for wasting his time that he spent driving to my house, i very politely told him to 'get lost'.
Old 21-11-2007, 20:59   #15
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by slinky View Post
I was always under the impression that mother and baby were not allowed to leave the hospital without baby being in a carrycot/car seat
So was I, Slinky.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..