Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-11-2007, 21:01   #16
God Member

Re: idiot parents!

Quote:
Originally Posted by emamum23 View Post
maybe its not enforced.. i hav seen nw paretns getting taxi's home and carrying the baby on their knee
For some strange reason the car seat laws don't apply to taxis.

I've no idea why this is so. Very wrong, in my opinion.
Accrington Web
Old 21-11-2007, 21:03   #17
Senior Member+

the details we were sent out to hand to parents said that the law doesnt apply for lifts given to you by other people.. taxis etc.. i dont know why either!

I finally found someone daft enough to marry me, my wonderboy is 11, my monkeygirl is 3 and my bananaman is 2, my beautiful little flower was born in feb 2012
emamum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2007, 21:24   #18
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by emamum23 View Post
the details we were sent out to hand to parents said that the law doesnt apply for lifts given to you by other people.. taxis etc.. i dont know why either!
Think you will find that the law looks on it as your responsibility to make sure your child is safe ie you provide the baby seat /booster seat to ensure their safety.
Old 21-11-2007, 21:28   #19
Senior Member+

yeah but some people just dont care!! and if they are stopped they can just say 'he is just giving me a lift'

I finally found someone daft enough to marry me, my wonderboy is 11, my monkeygirl is 3 and my bananaman is 2, my beautiful little flower was born in feb 2012
Old 21-11-2007, 21:32   #20
God Member

Agreed but we can't worry about everyone!!!
Old 21-11-2007, 21:37   #21
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BERNADETTE View Post
Think you will find that the law looks on it as your responsibility to make sure your child is safe ie you provide the baby seat /booster seat to ensure their safety.
Why is it against the law to sit as a passenger in your own car with a baby on your knee but not against the law to do so in a taxi?
Old 21-11-2007, 21:38   #22
Senior Member+

it didnt say...... i didnt understand either. maybe because you cant be expected to carry a car seat every where you go..

Old 21-11-2007, 21:45   #23
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilly View Post
Why is it against the law to sit as a passenger in your own car with a baby on your knee but not against the law to do so in a taxi?
Your guess is as good as mine
Old 21-11-2007, 22:00   #24
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by slinky View Post
I was always under the impression that mother and baby were not allowed to leave the hospital without baby being in a carrycot/car seat

maybe Lettie can say if this is right or not? But that is the impression I got when I had mine.
it all depends on which hospital you had your baby, as we both had our lads round the same time,our babies were carried out by a midwife, however when i had my 3rd baby up here the rules were different, the midwives have never carried the babies out of this hospital, you had to do it yourself,
and as for making sure your child is strapped in properly, how can any parent drive off knowing that their child isnt secure and they are responsible for their childs injuries or death if the worst ever happens, and i hope it never does
jackyalex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2007, 22:01   #25
God Member

I have a 10 month old, the nurse carried him out of the hospital, and checked not only that we had a car seat, but that it was the correct type, and fitted correctly, that was at Bury (Fairfield).
derekgas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2007, 22:05   #26
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by derekgas View Post
I have a 10 month old, the nurse carried him out of the hospital, and checked not only that we had a car seat, but that it was the correct type, and fitted correctly, that was at Bury (Fairfield).
As far as I knew the reason all babies were carried out by staff was something to do with insurance. We need our midwife on this thread to let us know the facts
Old 21-11-2007, 22:13   #27
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BERNADETTE View Post
As far as I knew the reason all babies were carried out by staff was something to do with insurance. We need our midwife on this thread to let us know the facts
Yes that is exactly what I was told too!!

Where the bloody hell is Lettie??

Miracles do happen!!

slinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2007, 22:36   #28
Senior Member+

One of my Spanish neighbours used to drive everywhere with her newborn son on her lap. It made my blood boil. I gave the little chap the nickname 'the survivor' when he reached the toddler stage. I watched her stand him on top of the car whilst she got her shopping out of the boot!

They've moved on now and I trust that he's still surviving.

So much muck to eat before you die
junetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2007, 07:00   #29
Resident Waffler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilly View Post

Possibly because people use taxis occasionally and would have to carry the car seat round with them on the off chance of getting a taxi whereas if you have your own car the car seat stays in the car.

When you think about it babies travelling on buses or in trains don't have car seats either do they? I'm not sure how it could be enforced with taxis.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2007, 09:45   #30
☆ V.I.P Member ☆

senseless idiots!!
thats what they are.
when are they gonna learn....when the kids goes flying through the window!!?
bit late then, maybe they think "it wont happen to them"?

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..