Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-05-2008, 16:46   #16
God Member

Re: Doctors Receptionist

I reported our receptionist to the doctor a few weeks back for doing exactl;y that. First she told me I couldnt have my presciption until id seen the doc again, I told her i didnt need to see the doc for at least 6 mnth but she insisted i did , so I had to make aan emergancy appointment for the following day by which time a queue had formed behind me and she started questioning my ailments for the prescription . I only wanted my HRT but she told me i could manage without them ..I said " no i cant" I was told i would always have to have them AND never to miss
I were furious and when i saw the doc the day after he agreed with me and said if she had read further down the screen she would have seen i wasnt lying. grrrrr but i almost ended up discussing my medical stuff infront of a whole damn surgery.
She was given a warning and quite rightly so. She avoids me like the plague now if she can .
cherokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 04-05-2008, 17:00   #17
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pipinfort View Post
Peel House has the worst receptionists, New building ,same old nosey miserys...........
agree, but in fairness theve had years of practice.
Old 04-05-2008, 17:28   #18
God Member

I have just got a letter to say that my chiropody treatment has moved from Ossy clinic to the Acorn centre - is Ossy clinic being closed completely?

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 17:40   #19

yes Margaret they are closeing. and they are opening a dentist as well in the center
pam1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 17:41   #20
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
I have just got a letter to say that my chiropody treatment has moved from Ossy clinic to the Acorn centre - is Ossy clinic being closed completely?
Dont know.....did they have nosey receptionists?

Blackburn Rovers Supporter Since 1950
Royboy39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 17:58   #21
God Member

when peel house was on avenue parade they had a sign up saying you HAD to tell the receptionist what was wrong with you
accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 19:27   #22
I am Banned

i once went to docs and was busting for ladies ( sorry if tmi lol ) as appointment was any minute i told receptionist that i was visiting ladies - she said okay and gave me a strange look, so i said well my appointment is any minute so she said okay and seemed to understand-
twenty minutes later i was still waiting to see doc - i asked receptionist if they were behind she said no - give me your name - then told me she had put me as not attending - it was the same receptionist i had tolds i was using ladies i couldve cried - or laughed with hysteria
keetah992000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 19:49   #23
Senior Member+

I'm currently trying to change my doctors as I'm unhappy with their sevice. If I ring up for an appointment I am usually told they are all gone and to ring at 8 the following morning, which I do, to be told they have no appointments left and to ring again in the morning. I've lost count of the amount of times I've ended up at accy vic minor injuries as it is now to get anti-biotics for a thoroat infection, to be sternly told you should ahve gone to your doctors for them. The last time I managed to get an appointment with my doctors It was a pointless exercise anyway, I went in on a friday with a strong suspicion about what was wrong with me (I get about 8 throat infections a year as I am prone to them and require immeadiate anti-biotics due to a heart condition) to be told I had a simple virus and to drink water and take co-codamol for the pain, by the monday morning I could not swallow anything including water, couldn't get an appointment so I went to minor injuries to be told I had tonsillitis!!!! Absolutly flipping unbelieveable!!!
sparkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 20:01   #24
Senior Member+

Thinking about it I have never been able to get a straight answer out of our receptionist all I get is I'll just ask, sorry no or in a very short manner well you'll just have to ring back tommorow won't you!!!
Old 04-05-2008, 20:04   #25

there just god damn nosey
lancscat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 20:08   #26
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkie View Post
Thinking about it I have never been able to get a straight answer out of our receptionist all I get is I'll just ask, sorry no or in a very short manner well you'll just have to ring back tommorow won't you!!!
There is a complaints procedure for bad family practitioner service as under:
NHS complaints

If you feel agreaved then ask for a complaints form in the first instance from the receptionist (I think that might make then take notice of you)
If no satisfaction then fill in the form and submit it, if you need help with the form contact the Citizens Advice.

Blackburn Rovers Supporter Since 1950
Royboy39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 21:26   #27
Senior Member+

cheers chuck

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..