Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 18-05-2006, 22:13   #16
white rabbits

Re: dodgy parties

i am glad i diddent get that e,mail....
Old 19-05-2006, 17:07   #17
Resting in peace

I find this impossible to believe. For a start, as Westender says, the incision would be a great deal larger (I have worked on a renal unit), and the person concerned would certainly not be able to get out of a bath. Also, there would have been a strong likelihood of him dying of hypothermia before coming round. The clincher is both kidneys being taken. You can function on one kidney well enough, but for a very short period with none. Taking one I could perhaps believe, but it would be sheer insanity to take both. The scenario also posits a skilled renal surgeon, an equally skilled assistant, an anaesthetist, and a scrub nurse, at the minimum crew. It's difficult to believe you could find four people in the medical professions prepared to condemn someone to a possible painful and lingering death for that amount of money. Yes, it sounds like a lot, but if you are setting up such a party, it works out at about $200 Australian each! I anticipate hearing Lettie's and Margaret's views!
pendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2006, 19:35   #18
God Member

can I flog one of mine to the highest bidder please? A certain legal action is going to cost a bomb.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-2006, 13:48   #19
Filthy / Gorgeous

Bejeweled Blitz Champion!

This e mail has been doing the rounds for years. It is one of the first e mails I got 5 years ago when I first got my computer. Removal of kidneys for transplant is a procedure requiring consummate surgical skill way beyond that of a medical student for them to be of any use for transplant. Without diathermy and correct tying off of renal arteries and veins (something which requires good visibility beyond that of the average hotel room) the donor would die during the operation. In order to slow down circulation to the point where there is minimal blood loss, the donor would have to be cooled during the procedure. I cannot see how it is possible to remove both kidneys to transplant standards in this way without buggering up the kidneys and killing the donor... Maybe I'll find out in Sydney later this year...

The views expressed here are my own and not necessarily those of my family, friends, employer, this site, my neighbours, hairdresser, dentist, GP, next door's dog or anyone else who knows me..
lettie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-2006, 13:54   #20
I am Band

Talking Re: dodgy parties

Quote:
Originally Posted by lettie
Maybe I'll find out in Sydney later this year...
How else do you expect me to finance the holiday? Or did you have me lined up as the donor?

Any ramblings, meanderings, thoughts or musings are mine and mine alone. Any opinions expressed are Lettie's!
Sparkologist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-2006, 13:57   #21
Filthy / Gorgeous

Bejeweled Blitz Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparkologist
How else do you expect me to finance the holiday? Or did you have me lined up as the donor?
I reckon that our organs would be fairly useless by now Sparks, unless red wine is a good preservative...

The views expressed here are my own and not necessarily those of my family, friends, employer, this site, my neighbours, hairdresser, dentist, GP, next door's dog or anyone else who knows me..
lettie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-2006, 20:13   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by chav1
i once went to a party and ended up sleeping with a beautifull woman

when i woke up in the morning much to my horror she had become extremely ugly through out the night
Sounds a bit like my ex....otherwise known as...."the statue"...whenever she approached our bedroom...
talentedbutslow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2006, 05:12   #23

what a load of cobblers. I live in Australia and if the story was true it would make world headlines. Some people will believe anything.
ronthepom3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..