Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree15Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-02-2022, 16:12   #16

Re: DPD Local

[QUOTE=Margaret Pilkington;1264172][QUOTE=taddy;1264168]

Yes…I felt sure you did but it was my feeble attempt at sarcasm Taddy…I thought you would have guessed that too.

As I have mentioned in earlier posts, after a life span of 75 years I have always stuggled to activate the giggle switch of the famale population, which makes me think that maybe 75% of them were not switched on at Birth.
taddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 21-02-2022, 16:21   #17
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
What a wonderful example of wokizm is the term 'Gay pride', two words of the English language that have been hijacked and given a completely different meaning to their original, and whoa betide* anyone that criticises their new usage!

Gay used to mean happy and pride was what you you felt when you had achieved something worthwhile.
Now, homosexuals and lesbians have lumped the words together to ram their differences in the faces of what used to be normal people.

*I just love that term, 'whoa betide', what the hell?
Spot on Less, whoever changed that is a stupid swine imho.
Old 21-02-2022, 16:43   #18
Beacon of light

[QUOTE=taddy;1264187][QUOTE=Margaret Pilkington;1264172]
Quote:
Originally Posted by taddy View Post

Yes…I felt sure you did but it was my feeble attempt at sarcasm Taddy…I thought you would have guessed that too.

As I have mentioned in earlier posts, after a life span of 75 years I have always stuggled to activate the giggle switch of the famale population, which makes me think that maybe 75% of them were not switched on at Birth.
The thing is Taddy, after a long life(which we have both been lucky enough to have) it takes much more to activate the giggle muscle.
The giggle muscle needs to be crept up on…there has to be an element of surprise….and when you get to this ripe age it is unlikely that we haven’t seen it or done it before.
That said…I have always been very whimsical….and the conventional funnies do not seem to twitch my switch.
But the other night my husband came to bed(no don’t get excited…this is clean) and told me that seven soldiers were being sent from Chorley with an assortment of weapons, to defend the borders of the Ukraine from the Russians…..and the landlady of the Ox and Crown was going to have to get the snug redecorated because there was a clean patch where they had taken the blunderbuss down.

For some reason this picture in my head put me into hysterics.
Yes I know….perhaps I should see somebody about this.
taddy likes this.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2022, 18:56   #19
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by taddy View Post
Another word that I thought I would pick you up on Dave, "Pride" can nowadays be encircled by a (Rainbow),

Quite, in some other strange parallel dimension, but in my little world mate, it is the bog standard old fashioned definition.
taddy likes this.
Old 22-02-2022, 08:27   #20

[QUOTE=Margaret Pilkington;1264190][QUOTE=taddy;1264187][QUOTE=Margaret Pilkington;1264172]

For some reason this picture in my head put me into hysterics.
Yes I know….perhaps I should see somebody about this.

Keep on laughing Marge, it is supposed to be "the best medicine".
Old 22-02-2022, 08:38   #21

P.S. After Hobgoblin that is.
Old 22-02-2022, 09:19   #22
God Member

[QUOTE=Less;1264171]

Gay used to mean happy and pride was what you you felt when you had achieved something worthwhile.
Now, homosexuals and lesbians have lumped the words together to ram their differences in the faces of what used to be normal people.

Thing is these words were used years before anyone ever heard of the term woke. Gay has been used now for over 50 years to describe people who prefered the same sex. Pride was another thing. It was rallies of like minded people that started in big cities over 30 years back but has increased in numbers. We do not want people to constant question their own sexuality but neither do we want it advertising and being pushed down the noses of those who are quite gullable and inexperianced in life.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2022, 09:24   #23
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Spot on Less, whoever changed that is a stupid swine imho.
not as stupid as the word Hate has now become. all this so called hate speech is nothing but a different opinion. hate is far more severe than just a dislike for a certain section of the community that some have. there are a few around i dislike but no one i can say i really hate.
cashman and taddy like this.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..