Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree14Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-08-2013, 17:40   #16
Resting in Peace

Re: Earning more benefits?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki2013 View Post
Hello to everyone. This is my first post but i've spent a few months reading the forum so hopefully ill cause not too much trouble.

I've found it really hard to cope with the fact that some of my co workers are earning more than my wage every month in benefits. No one wants an injury or anything like that, but do you think its right when someone who is doing the same job as you and is not in a wheel chair etc is earning more than you?.

I think its caused resentment in the work place and the failure of many friendships across the country. I know some people need extra help etc but if you work and do the same job as an able bodied person, when should the help stop. I arrive at work on the bus, they arrive in a brand new Mobility car, yet they on there feet all day just like me. Strange situation i know as every case needs to be judge on its own merits, but in general do you think its right.

Honestly i am asking as i want to know weather its just me being blinkered or other people feel the same.
There but for the grace of God go I
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 02-08-2013, 18:53   #17
God Member

makes me wonder if i should put in for tax credits when i start my new job or not, people might get jealous at what bit i will be entitled to
Old 02-08-2013, 19:02   #18
Senior Member+

People like that are a minority flashy, and their opinions are not worth worrying about.
gpick24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 19:10   #19
God Member

i know, i was writing very tongue in cheek in my last post
gpick24 likes this.
Old 02-08-2013, 22:45   #20
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashy View Post
makes me wonder if i should put in for tax credits when i start my new job or not, people might get jealous at what bit i will be entitled to

i think you should get extra when they are teenagers coz they are a right pain in the arse

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 13:30   #21
God Member

these are e real scroungers
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 533923_10151589069727939_492501369_n.jpg (58.5 KB, 16 views)

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..