Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-08-2009, 18:57   #16

Re: Energie Gym Gone Bust

Where abouts was the gym?

Sara is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 11-08-2009, 18:59   #17

Hope there is some way you can get your money back, don't know what but what a sickner

Sara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 19:08   #18
Senior Member+

Its the one near the Globe Centre. I'm waiting to hear back from Sports Centre, i spoke with the Energie Gym owner this afternoon and he was still saying that the Sports Centre would take over the Membership of people who had paid annual membership, but i honestly cant see that happening. If ive not heard anything in the morning i'll call them back! Feel sorry for the Staff too, they were very friendly and helpful!

Best Regards - Taggy
Taggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 19:12   #19
God Member

Heres hoping you manage to get the money back.
Old 12-08-2009, 17:24   #20
Senior Member+

Well, pleased to say got a good result today! After calling in a couple of times, Hyndburn Sports Centre rang me back today and have made me a good offer, because i'm one of the folk who had paid for the 12 months in advance at Energie, the Sports Centre will honour the rest of that deal, providing i agree to sign up with them, via direct debit, when the deal ends next June!!! They wont tie me in to a fixed deal, and i can cancel at anytime afterwards. That will be at £19.99 per month for full use of Gym and Swimming Pool. So thats a great offer and i'm very grateful to Hyndburn Sports Centre for that, and also to the owner of the Energie (John) for trying his best to help by putting this idea forward to help his members! Its nice to see how considerate some people can be, in this increasingly mercenary age! My remaining hope is that the Staff from the Energie hopefully get employment very soon, they are a good bunch, who have always been very helpful!

Best Regards - A Happy Taggy
Old 13-08-2009, 08:53   #21
Resting in Peace

Re: Energize Gym Gone Bust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taggy View Post
Well, pleased to say got a good result today! After calling in a couple of times, Hyndburn Sports Centre rang me back today and have made me a good offer, because i'm one of the folk who had paid for the 12 months in advance at Energie, the Sports Centre will honour the rest of that deal, providing i agree to sign up with them, via direct debit, when the deal ends next June!!! They wont tie me in to a fixed deal, and i can cancel at anytime afterwards. That will be at £19.99 per month for full use of Gym and Swimming Pool. So thats a great offer and i'm very grateful to Hyndburn Sports Centre for that, and also to the owner of the Energie (John) for trying his best to help by putting this idea forward to help his members! Its nice to see how considerate some people can be, in this increasingly mercenary age! My remaining hope is that the Staff from the Energie hopefully get employment very soon, they are a good bunch, who have always been very helpful!

Best Regards - A Happy Taggy
Seems like you've got a happy ending to this problem Taggy, but as you say its hard on the staff who have lost their jobs
Old 13-08-2009, 09:05   #22
Senior Member+

Re: Energize Gym Gone Bust

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Seems like you've got a happy ending to this problem Taggy, but as you say its hard on the staff who have lost their jobs
Yeh its worked out well for me really...am just going down for my induction in half hour!! But as i say...really feel for the Staff, they are a good bunch, and i hope they will soon get other employment, how easy that will be in these difficult times, i'm not sure!

Best Regards - Taggy

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..