Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-07-2005, 14:22   #1
God Member

English Law v The Koran

From today's Times:

KORAN HUNT PLEA

A Muslim who hunted hares for the pot is to testify in the High Court that his human rights have been breached by the ban on hunting with dogs because the Koran permits it. Ahmed Khan, from Lancashire, was one of 11 witnesses named by lawyers for the Countryside Alliance in its case to overturn the ban.

Whether you support or are against hunting with dogs I would suggest that the above mentioned Mr. Khan and The Countryside Alliance are being less than truthful. How many Muslims do you know who keep dogs? I have asked Muslim friends who tell me the reason they don't keep dogs is the fear of rabies. One friend told me if you had ever seen anyone die of this disease you would understand. Mr Khan obviously hasn't.

Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.

Last edited by yerself; 06-07-2005 at 14:49.
yerself is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 06-07-2005, 15:00   #2
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: English Law v The Koran

to me its a load of cobblers,mr khan is entitled to practice his religion i have nothing against that-BUT if by doing so you contravene the law of the country you reside in then simply sod off back from where you came and practice it. that way you are NOT breaking the law.
Old 06-07-2005, 15:31   #3
Resting in peace

I have to admit that anything that reverses the ban on hunting with dogs has my vote. It is an utterly stupid law, as our great and good will discover once they are overrun with foxes.

Very few Muslims in this country seem to keep dogs, but the Afghan hound was bred in a Muslim country specifically for hunting (deer, mostly). There are lots of dogs around in Egypt, which is Muslim, so someone must keep them. Rabies is a dreadful disease, but if dogs are properly kept, then there shouldn't be too much of a problem.
pendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2005, 15:53   #4
God Member

Hmmm, this seems to me to clutching at straws. But if it works then hey, why not go for it. It's about time that the human rights legislation was used for something useful.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..