Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-05-2010, 17:14   #1
Senior Member+

Exit Poll

Did you tune in to the Election Count on BBC, ITV and Sky News at 10pm last night? They forecast from their exit polls a result of Conservatives 305 Labour 255 LibDems 59, and the poll was immediately rubbished by everyone as being completely wide of the mark based on the so called experts' experience of the campaign.

The final ACTUAL figures show Conservatives 306 Labour 258 LibDems 57.

I think the exit pollsters are owed a drink!
gynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 07-05-2010, 18:35   #2
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Re: Exit Poll

Quote:
Originally Posted by gynn View Post
Did you tune in to the Election Count on BBC, ITV and Sky News at 10pm last night? They forecast from their exit polls a result of Conservatives 305 Labour 255 LibDems 59, and the poll was immediately rubbished by everyone as being completely wide of the mark based on the so called experts' experience of the campaign.

The final ACTUAL figures show Conservatives 306 Labour 258 LibDems 57.

I think the exit pollsters are owed a drink!
So buy them one!

While your at it get the rest of the members on here one as well, how else could they get thing's so accurate?
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 19:20   #3

I don't think people could grasp how few seats the LibDems had got
wadey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 22:46   #4
God Member

True the exit poll was spot on in the end.. would be interesting to see a "non entry" exit poll of those bods that turned up well before 10pm but did not get a vote
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 09:03   #5
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mancie View Post
True the exit poll was spot on in the end.. would be interesting to see a "non entry" exit poll of those bods that turned up well before 10pm but did not get a vote
They should have come earlier You get nout for being late not in this game
Old 11-05-2010, 10:54   #6
God Member

if a 14 year old school boy can do a day at school , finish his homework and then go and vote i dont see how anyone else cant lol

Police Speak To Teen, 14, Who Admits Voting - Yahoo! News UK

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 14:45   #7
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
if a 14 year old school boy can do a day at school , finish his homework and then go and vote i dont see how anyone else cant lol

Police Speak To Teen, 14, Who Admits Voting - Yahoo! News UK
Police speaking to him, no doubt he'll get at least 5 years for this heinous crime
Old 11-05-2010, 23:14   #8
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
They should have come earlier You get nout for being late not in this game
And as Jim Bowen on Bullseye said.. you don't get nowt for two in a bed..but looks like Cameron and Clegg have done just that.
Old 11-05-2010, 23:18   #9
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mancie View Post
And as Jim Bowen on Bullseye said.. you don't get nowt for two in a bed..but looks like Cameron and Clegg have done just that.
Be interesting to hear jaysay n andrews take on this great alliance, both seem to be keeping very low profiles.
Old 12-05-2010, 01:23   #10
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Be interesting to hear jaysay n andrews take on this great alliance, both seem to be keeping very low profiles.
..It's like this...they are going underground. .. "you make yer bed so you'd better lie in it"

Last edited by Mancie; 12-05-2010 at 01:30.
Old 12-05-2010, 10:20   #11
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Only just come on line at 10-15 cashy, so you know better than saying I am keeping a low profile, you more than anybody should know better than that anyway. For me it is the only way forward, Labour and Lib/dems would still not have given a majority and wouldn't have worked, this country needs a government, whether this works only time will tell, I have never been a fan of the Liberals and this hasn't changed my mind, but at least they will no longer be able to take their usual stance, sitting on the fence, doing that now will only end up with spells in their backsides
Old 12-05-2010, 10:36   #12
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
For me it is the only way forward, Labour and Lib/dems would still not have given a majority and wouldn't have worked, this country needs a government, whether this works only time will tell, I have never been a fan of the Liberals and this hasn't changed my mind, but at least they will no longer be able to take their usual stance, sitting on the fence, doing that now will only end up with spells in their backsides
everyone wi a grain of common knows its the only way forward n only time will tell, personally i think any coalition is a non starter, what do you think.?
Old 12-05-2010, 11:07   #13
Resting in Peace

Quote:
everyone wi a grain of common knows its the only way forward n only time will tell, personally i think any coalition is a non starter, what do you think.?
Totally agree cashy, if they worked we wouldn't have political parties, wouldn't need them, but if we had a system of Google Page Ranking this would be the norm, that's why I'm against that too
Old 12-05-2010, 14:49   #14
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Many European (& non European) countries are or have been governed by a coalition Government in their time, some to the bad & some to the better but it shouldn't be dismissed out of hand. The whole furore over the situation I believe is unwarranted & is more down to personal indignation as opposed to the effect on the Country.

The reason being is that the Folk of UK are more accustomed & socially conditioned to single party rule, but how many of the "Die hards" are truly happy with every aspect of their chosen parties policies ? Many vote the way they do due to their status & upbringing, the "That's how we do things round here Lad ! always have & always will !" or "Me Dad, his Dad & his Dad afore him have always voted that way !" attitude is engrained in the British psyche.

Think back, not so long ago a "Test" was put up on here where you selected a "Party" on their policies & not their allegiance ! Remember that do we ?

http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f...ies-52617.html

This one & how many where through & through in line with their "Own" parties policies, so before decrying the whole sorry mess, give it a chance surely it has got to be better than what the preceding 20 odd years have been like & should it, as a social experiment fall flat on its face, new rules should be in place by 4-5 years time & you can see how it goes at that !

Remember "Every Country gets the Government it deserves"
DaveinGermany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 22:33   #15
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post

Remember "Every Country gets the Government it deserves"
Tell that to yer locals n quote "Adolf"

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..