Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 26-02-2005, 10:49   #1

Talking fav teacher

ok we all had a favourite teacher...who was yours from where and why????
mine was mr bold!!! he took us for science in my first year at mount carmel!!! he was such a nice bloke and a great teacher!!! he actually made science fun!!! if more teachers where like him then school would have been soooo great!!!
Old 26-02-2005, 13:16   #2

Re: fav teacher

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiny gem
mine was mr bold!!! he took us for science in my first year at mount carmel!!! he was such a nice bloke and a great teacher!!! he actually made science fun!!! if more teachers where like him then school would have been soooo great!!!
which was one mr bold i remember mr whitham and mr terence sydney urine and that was his proper name lol and that dark blond haired women but cant think who he is . Th e best one had to be a supply one he had ginger hair and had a very bad problem with his nerves lol
Old 26-02-2005, 22:05   #3
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

I wouldn't say Mr Whitham was my favourite teacher but he is the one I respect the most, I will always thank him for helping me get an "A" grade in O Level Maths as his methods of teaching was the best I came across. He always said I was capable of a "B" but I'm sure he would have been surprised when it was an "A". I've always meant to contact him to say thanks but never got round to it.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly

Last edited by Bagpuss; 27-02-2005 at 20:38.
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2005, 05:45   #4
I am Banned

mr bolton english teacher moorhead

unfrotunatly mr bolton died a few years ago but one of the best people you could ever meet as a teacher or as a person out of school

dont get me wrong here i wasnt a teachers pet infact i was far from any teachers pet but if you were willing to learn he would make extra time for you after school and during breaks etc to help you catch up but if you disturbed his class and others from learning tere would be hell to pay lol

a close second would be mr Caudwell i went on a school holiday with him and what a laugh he was as well as been a damn good geography teacher
chav1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2005, 09:56   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagpuss
I wouldn't say Mr Whitham was my favourite teacher but he is the one I respect the most, I will always thank him for helping me get an "A" grade in Maths as his methods of teaching was the best I came across. He always said I was capable of a "B" but I'm sure he would have been surprised when it was an "A". I've always meant to contact him to say thanks but never got round to it.
all i ever mr whitham doing was shouting was that bloke capable of a smile lol
Old 06-03-2005, 21:21   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiny gem
My favourite was Mr. Lopez, back at my secondary school. He was one of the most terrifying teachers I've ever had... He taught English and kept an Action Man over the door that he called 'The Great Zardoz'. There were rumours that he used to be in the army and never quite got over his days there. Other rumours spoke of a Nazi uniform and toy gun stashed in a cupboard in his room that he forced students to put on and stand atop a table screaming "Nein, Nein - SHWEINHUNT!" if you spoke out of turn. Still, at a time when I didn't have a lot of guidance or interest in school his inherant wierdness kept me fascinated with writing in general - an interest I still hold today.
p_headless_g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2005, 22:36   #7
Senior Member+

I would have to go too far back to remember my fav teacher.Doesn't bear thinking about. lol
Old 06-03-2005, 23:18   #8
Len
God Member

When I was I kid they all had respect, this was before the pc (political correctness) brigade stepped in, right or wrong.
Len is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2005, 23:22   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Len
When I was I kid they all had respect, this was before the pc (political correctness) brigade stepped in, right or wrong.
Come on, teenage rebellion has been around since the dawn of man. They were never good or right, they just wanted to go against the standards that their parents stood for. Hell, the bloody thing's genetic! Teenagers don't have respect, and I'm kind of glad because it means that the next generation will think outside of the box we built for ourselves.
p_headless_g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2005, 06:54   #10

Mr Simkins Geography Teacher at Moorhead, a close second would be Mr Scott Moorhead again, before secondary it would be Mr Heavens and Mr Cox from Huncoat Primary.

The most wasted day of all is that on which we have not laughed .......Sebastine Chamford
fibi is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..