Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-03-2005, 14:20   #1
Senior Member+

1500 dead in iraq...

and all bush can think of is who's he gonna pick a fight with next...

i'm surprised he won the election and since then he's just gone around lookin where to fight next in his "crusade"
Old 05-03-2005, 15:02   #2
I am Band

Unhappy Re: 1500 dead in iraq...

The problem is; a bunch of retards voted in one of their own; another retard!

George W Bush is the world's problem unfortunately.

Any ramblings, meanderings, thoughts or musings are mine and mine alone. Any opinions expressed are Lettie's!
Sparkologist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2005, 15:04   #3
Senior Member+

Re: 1500 dead in iraq...

i saw this t-shirt for sale on the net and i was really tempted to buy it

Old 05-03-2005, 15:23   #4

I wish we had someone like bush in charge of this country . Im sure the population of afghanistan like him as well . Look at how they live now compared to what it was like and the same go s for iraq , Unfortunately with every war people lose there lives but no where near as many people have been killed compared to how many saddam and his guards killed and all innocent people . What would you have prefered him to do ? let saddam carry on controling iraq by fear . We should have doen the job properly the first time and we d have saved thousands of innocent iraqis instead of leaving them to die like they did do as soon as we pulled out
Old 05-03-2005, 15:33   #5
Senior Member+

rock

u shudnt believe everything that u read in the papers... yes saddam was a bad man and they've got rid of him. but bush has caused the deaths of more innocents than osama cud ever dream of.

brit and american press have a bad habit of biased reporting - go to a few swedish or norweigan news sites and u get a better picture of things

and yes i'm aware there is difference between osama and bush - but i'll say one thing osama isnt as hard to find as the press wud like u believe. i was in pakistan in aug last year and it was open knowledge he was in pakistan NW region.

sometimes its better for an enemy to b out there than to b in jail.
Old 05-03-2005, 15:44   #6
I am Band

No-one should be under any illusion that Bush & his poodle (Blair) went into Iraq because Saddam was a bad man. They wanted to stabilise the supply of oil & gain control it.
Regime change was the excuse they used when their original excuse, weapons of mass distruction, was found to be embarrassingly wide of the mark.
If they were so concern about the humanitarian needs of the population as they claim, then why don't they effect a regime change in Zimbabwae, where tens of thousands of refugees are pouring over the border into Botswana; or in The Sudan where millions are starving and dying due to a nasty insideous government?

Any ramblings, meanderings, thoughts or musings are mine and mine alone. Any opinions expressed are Lettie's!
Sparkologist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2005, 15:52   #7

[QUOTE=mani]rock

u shudnt believe everything that u read in the papers... yes saddam was a bad man and they've got rid of him. but bush has caused the deaths of more innocents than osama cud ever dream of.
The difference being the deaths bush has caused have at least given freedom and a better life to millions of iraqis and afghans where as osama killed thousands of innocent people for nothing more than his fanatical thinking of muslim religion . Ive read bits from the quran and what osama has done go s completely against whats written apart from him and all the others will do there best to twist the words
brit and american press have a bad habit of biased reporting - go to a few swedish or norweigan news sites and u get a better picture of things
What i so on al jazzera news was enough to tell me how happy the people of afghanistan are
and yes i'm aware there is difference between osama and bush - but i'll say one thing osama isnt as hard to find as the press wud like u believe. i was in pakistan in aug last year and it was open knowledge he was in pakistan NW region.
A muslim friend of mine was talking about this a few weeks back and made a point of is actually who we so on tv osama bin laden ? If it is open knowledge then im sure between the authorities he d have been caught by now thats if he s still alive . The bloke is a coward along with any of his followers to order the lives of all the innocent people in the towers to be killed and the people on the planes . My feelings are the same to the IRA , To kill innocent people then hide is nothing but an act of cowardness and to anyone supporting osama or saddam in this country should have been an act of treason which if im right still carries the death sentence and rightly so or immediate exportation
Old 05-03-2005, 16:01   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparkologist
No-one should be under any illusion that Bush & his poodle (Blair) went into Iraq because Saddam was a bad man. They wanted to stabilise the supply of oil & gain control it.
Regime change was the excuse they used when their original excuse, weapons of mass distruction, was found to be embarrassingly wide of the mark.
If they were so concern about the humanitarian needs of the population as they claim, then why don't they effect a regime change in Zimbabwae, where tens of thousands of refugees are pouring over the border into Botswana; or in The Sudan where millions are starving and dying due to a nasty insideous government?
What ever there reason maybe for going in iraq they should never have left the first time and they had a justified reason then .
As france and the rest of the EU seem supposedly interested in civilian needs and not at all the loss of supply of oil from iraq then what are they doing to help out countries like sudan ? Who helped out with Ethiopia then the turkish earthquake and more recently the tsunami forgetting numerous other countries we ve helped . Theres only so much help we can give and need to start looking at our own country and the state its in
Old 05-03-2005, 16:40   #9
Senior Member+

Because they know that any aid sent to those countries end up as arms for rebels or in the back pocket of goverment worker or presidents, as for regime change remember who let it go in the first place a certain conservative goverment who didnt have the balls to stand up against any African country for fear of being classed arparthid. If you look at the map of Africa most european countries were involved with spliting it up and carving out empires for themselves and now its all GB s fault and they all hold out there hands and want more. Personally I think Africa is a lost cause so much money funneled in and nothing out except a few millionaires, so far 2 billion dollars has been spent in Africa on Aids and Hiv in the last 5years, enough to open at least 10 specalist clinics in every country in Africa and man them with full staff the actual number of clinics is 10, wheres the money?

Bazf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2005, 17:20   #10
I am Banned

Quote:
anyone supporting osama or saddam in this country should have been an act of treason which if im right still carries the death sentence and rightly so or immediate exportation
yes it does but it is never exorcised

europe wont allow it probably but yes the death penalty can be given for treason

all those that went to fight for osma from accrington and blackburn should have been either arrested and sent to jail , deported, executed or at the bare minimum names, pictures and adresses posted on every website and news paper possible so that we can go get them

i watched a trevor mcdonald documentary where a english born white christian had converted to be an extremist muslim and held and attended meetings praising september 11 and was saying that we and anyone who dosnt agree with his ways he could kill without a second thought and that we should all be dead

this man should have been jailed instantly

i know we have freedom of speech but isnt that more along the lines of inciting a riot especialy as he was using a megaphone in the streets

Last edited by chav1; 05-03-2005 at 17:24.
chav1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2005, 17:31   #11

just watch farenheit 9/11 . bush is corrupt. blair is a spineless faggot and i don't realyy want to go on too much cause my blood is beginning to boil.
i was a soldier for 6 years but i am chuffed to bits that i got out before this lot went off. all i can say is that if they tried to recall me i would book my bed in strangeways before i would work for dumb and dumber.
stanerlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2005, 17:37   #12
IMY

I agree with you in that respect that if anyone no matter who they are or what colour or religion or even party should be jailed and given no mercey at all as all they want is to incite hatred to others of different religions and backgrounds and should go for all parties within the uk aswell or would you dissagree on this...

people who start this type of problem should be brought to the high courts be named and shamed and taught a lesson so if others do want to follow they will know what they will geting themselves into if caught which they will be in the end.........
IMY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2005, 18:32   #13
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanerlee
just watch farenheit 9/11 . bush is corrupt. blair is a spineless faggot and i don't realyy want to go on too much cause my blood is beginning to boil.
i was a soldier for 6 years but i am chuffed to bits that i got out before this lot went off. all i can say is that if they tried to recall me i would book my bed in strangeways before i would work for dumb and dumber.
farenheight 9/11 was the most biast film ever made the maker ( fat guy with big gob ) used parctial facts and neglected to mention many others to make his fairy tale sound convincing

i dont particulary like president bush but this guy deliberatly set out to play on our fears

i dont remember all the facts and such and to be honest i coulnt care less about another countries politics or underhand doings

america isnt the only country to arm terrorists the uk is just as guilty

there was documentaries on tv by more reputable people than this guy who showed bot good and bad this guy just sensationalised the bad and ignored the good

Last edited by chav1; 05-03-2005 at 18:33.
chav1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2005, 08:27   #14

chav i wasn't just on about farenheit 9/11.

yes it was biased, but biased for a good cause. if we want to bring up skewing facts and telling lies to achieve an end lets look at messers bush and blair.

my message was more along the lines of being an ex soldier who is still on the reserve and can be potentially called up. theres not a chance i'm going. the war and occupation of iraq is illegal as defined by th U.N. or at least aspects of it are.
if a police investigation is partly illegal then it is deemed that the whole investigation is bad.
as a soldier i would only be entitled to follow legal orders. and if the authorities placed me in jail i would then become a political prisoner.
stanerlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2005, 10:31   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanerlee
I disagree with what you ve said with bush but your definately right about blair .A friend of mine who s been in the army about 16 year now and is due to come out later this summer has been told months ago he s going to iraq . No matter what the reason or who your fighting for people join the army to fight wars surely . Its either that or spend the rest of your career doing training exercises .

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..