Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-03-2005, 14:32   #16
Senior Member+

Re: 1500 dead in iraq...

Rockrabbit got to agree after doing 20yr and being in the first gulf war your spot on, why do people join, they are told from basic training your in to fight for your country not to chose which one to fight. I did'nt want to go to the Falklands guess what no choice, did'nt want to go to Kuwait, guess what no choice, I accepted that as a member of the Armed Forces that what I had to do and not only that but they paid me to travel around the world in between so you take the good with the bad. As for a one sided ,baised and bad movie Farenheit 9/11 takes no1 pick, the guy is a complete moron and in his movie about Columbine tried to come up with the point that most of teenagers troubles manifest themselves in football holiganism that is shown on TV News and American kids want to copy.

Bazf is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 06-03-2005, 16:07   #17
God Member

Try this site for some quotes from the Iraqi Information Minister http://www.welovetheiraqiinformationminister.com/

Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.
yerself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2005, 17:19   #18

right fellas, i joined the army at 16 when i would have gone anywhere but now i'm approaching30 with wife and mortgage life takes on a different perspective.
my views are that bush and blair are corrupt and the world would be vastly improved by their instant removal.
active service did not bother me, quite liked bosnia in 95.
why should we serve people like them?

Last edited by stanerlee; 06-03-2005 at 17:22.
stanerlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2005, 09:10   #19

I'm a little concerned that no one's mentioned the 200,000 Iraqi civillians that have been killed in the war so far. Plus, the state of living in Afghanistan is pretty much comparable to how it was under the Taleban, except heroin production has soared through the bloody roof since they got thrown out. There's been practically no money given to the rebuilding process, except to Halliburton (who are a different story altogether) who apparently have been cutting costs everywhere they can and basically doing a crap job of it. There's no security except at the army bases (which the troops rarely leave), the government's a joke and to top it all off - no one cares. When was the last time you heard about Afghanistan in the news? They're going through the exact same thing Iraq is at the moment, getting a new semi-democratic govenment and trying their best to rebuild their country into something live-able. Afghanistan isn't a political issue anymore, so no one tries to help out. Watch the same thing happen to Iraq. The second the US deicdes to go into Iran, Syria, North Korea or whatever the next unlucky target happens to be all discussion of Iraq will cease and you'll only hear a news story come out of there when a government official gets shot or a set of UK or US civillians gets kidnapped.
Hell, we shouldn't have gone there in the first place. It's been proven that Saddam had no WMDs, neither did he have any links to terrorist activity. A country should only have a right to go to war if there's a threat to their way of life. The US and the UK are *not* the world's policemen and have no right storming into a country and carpet bombing the place just because they feel like it. True, Saddam treated his people terribly, but it wasn't our problem in the first place. If you want to play at nation builders and 'bringers of freedom', then go invade China, Saudi Arabia (which funds the majority of terrorist activity) or North Korea (Kim Jong Il has been saying for *years* that the country is trying to develop nuclear arms and no one's taken them seriously. Now they've apparently developed a bomb and South Korea's looking frightened).
I don't know, just thinking about this situation that the western world has put itself into makes me feel physically ill.
p_headless_g is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..