Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-12-2005, 14:24   #1
Senior Member+

First reported on Accy Web

My daughter has just phoned, she was in Tesco's in Blackburn shopping, when someone snatched the takings from one of the tills, and made a getaway through one of the fire doors at the top end of the store.

Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.
Albert Einstein.

park381 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 23-12-2005, 14:42   #2
Resident Waffler

Re: First reported on Accy Web

Hope they catch him/her.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2005, 14:49   #3
white rabbits

wow.... i hope shes on the news tonight...
Old 23-12-2005, 14:56   #4
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by grannyclaret
wow.... i hope shes on the news tonight...
No, I know my daughter, she will have kept well out of the way but it may be in the telegraph, wonder how much they managed to snatch.

Albert Einstein.

Old 23-12-2005, 15:37   #5
God Member

Bold as brass to do it even thogh its wrong. Just shows how easy something like this can happen at this time of year.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2005, 15:44   #6
Give, give, give member

This is not an urban myth, because my friend Fergus was working there at the time and witnessed it.

In the eighties in the Harrods sale, someone came in, set up a till, took a load of money from the customers and then just walked out with all the cash. It was only at the end of the day they realised what had happened when they saw an extra empty till. It's so manic in the sale at Harrods in the first few days, and with so many temps taken on to work there, it was the perfect wheeze.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2005, 16:15   #7
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda
This is not an urban myth, because my friend Fergus was working there at the time and witnessed it.
Why did your friend Fergus not stop him/her/them

Albert Einstein.

Old 23-12-2005, 17:05   #8
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by park381
Why did your friend Fergus not stop him/her/them
He was a student, and one of the temps taken on for the sale. It wasn't until the end of the day that the managers realised what had happened, and were told by the temps, who were not allowed to use the tills, that they'd helped people and then took them over to the false till to pay all throughout the manic first day of the sale.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2005, 17:18   #9
Senior Member+

Im not defending the theifs but at least they didnt go in welding guns like they have been doing with the banks recently.

I think all supermarkets should have drop safes in them, all notes etc should be immediately dropped into them leaving only a minimum float at all times and this should be made common knowledge.

When i worked at ASDA we used to "bank" wads of money from the till in front of customers, we could have thousands in our hands at one time, put it into a small cash bag and then into a crappy little slit safe under our till. It would have been so easy for a customer to get hold of us when we was doing it.
jimmi5bellies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2005, 18:38   #10
Senior Member+

No, seems like it was a combination of circumstances, cashier had till open, but was handing something over to the customer, whoever in next checkout que, saw the opportunity and took it..............a fist full of notes

Albert Einstein.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..